Subject: Cult of the Crimson Hand rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Tremblay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Seeing the model, I wonder how the cultists are going to stand apart from the other human enemies.
They have a rifle and are cultists which makes them inherently awesome.

Pointless speculation:
I was wondering if they would somehow get access to Belial's shadow Magik or come with some cards that can be added to Belials deck.
Which would be really cool...one of the cards shown in an unboxing mentions the spellcaster, not just Belial. So maybe they can? Maybe just wording though.

I think they are going to be a campaign pack, also could be mistaken but heard they are from another FFP game, curious what they were like.

Anyway, just very excited about cultist in the SoB universe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a lot that can be done with them. If they follow the trend from other games, Crimson Hand cultists will get more powerful the more damage they take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Caine
msg tools
I'm guessing the Cult of the Crimson Hand is a meta enemy, seeing as how they're also in Touch of Evil and Fortune and Glory. FG's Order of the Crimson Hand was all about hording powerful artifacts and summoning dread monsters. Brimstone Cowboy as discussed them at length.. try this thread: http://brimstonecowboy.com/forums/index.php?topic=65.0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
At the 1.5 release party in Seattle, Jason mentioned that the Cultists will often start with an artifact in hand which they can use against the heroes, but you might be able to steal it from them.

And yeah, they'll get more powerful as they take wounds, too. And they have an Endurance which makes it really hard to one-shot them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Lieberoth Wadum
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh! I love the idea of enemies wielding the artifacts, instead of just taking a beating while having the most powerful weapon at their disposal squirreled away somewhere in the near vicinity.

Hopefully real artifacts - not just an equivalent of the Juju Trinkets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Llewellyn
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are Cthulhu The Ancient One's Cultists so you may attract some sort of attention from their GOO....goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Caine
msg tools
lieberoth wrote:
Ohhh! I love the idea of enemies wielding the artifacts, instead of just taking a beating while having the most powerful weapon at their disposal squirreled away somewhere in the near vicinity.

Well, in FG, the Order of the Crimson Hand specifically chases after the artifacts you want. It would be cool and amusing to have Cult-specific artifacts styled on the different Otherworlds to show just how much plundering they get up to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Michalski
United States
West Homestead
PA
flag msg tools
In Atoe, The Crimson hand was trying to summon an unspeakable horror name So'bar kur, a creature who is in the void. Don't know if that's the ancient one creature in sobs or a different one, but I bet its at least an enemy to be'lial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
lieberoth wrote:

Unfortunately, as I'm sure you know, many of the artifacts are not weapons and it would be a nightmare to try to have the Cultists properly use them. So instead they draw vitality and Health from the Artifact; if I recall correctly, each $100 the Artifact is worth grants an extra 1 Health to each Crimson Hand member present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tremblay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb

Derek, Max, and Gavin, thanks for the info!

An artifact centric enemy is a really cool idea, glad FFP is bringing out new enemy mechanics and trying to make the new ones bring something new to the table (there are so many now).

I guess the Mission packs are like deluxe enemy packs, which hopefully means lots of cards for artifacts!!!!

Quote:
Unfortunately, as I'm sure you know, many of the artifacts are not weapons and it would be a nightmare to try to have the Cultists properly use them. So instead they draw vitality and Health from the Artifact; if I recall correctly, each $100 the Artifact is worth grants an extra 1 Health to each Crimson Hand member present.

Did you hear this at gencon when they were talking?
That's kind of less cool than what I was imagining, artefacts would end up being a simple buff mechanic, hopefully they brainstorm some way of npc enemies wielding crazy alien artifacts (templates for alien ark of the covenant? chain effects like plasma arc?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Burnt Lightning wrote:

Derek, Max, and Gavin, thanks for the info!

An artifact centric enemy is a really cool idea, glad FFP is bringing out new enemy mechanics and trying to make the new ones bring something new to the table (there are so many now).

I guess the Mission packs are like deluxe enemy packs, which hopefully means lots of cards for artifacts!!!!

Quote:

Did you hear this at gencon when they were talking?
That's kind of less cool than what I was imagining, artefacts would end up being a simple buff mechanic, hopefully they brainstorm some way of npc enemies wielding crazy alien artifacts (templates for alien ark of the covenant? chain effects like plasma arc?)

That's what I remember from GenCon. I could be be remembering it wrong, but I don't think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tremblay
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb

ah well, I guess the crazier the mechanic the harder it is to balance.

But here's to hoping FFP come up with some interesting Crimson Hand artefacts that bring some interesting effects to the table beyond the ol' add +X health, +Y damage or +Z initiativ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Caine
msg tools
I am kind of hoping there will be a Crimson Hand mission where cultists run off with some of your stuff. It adds a personal touch when they're leeching the power out of your hard earned kit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.