Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear of people using gaming mats with hex grids to play the C&C games with miniatures, but I was wondering if anyone played on those surfaces with blocks? I was wondering if it made the game feel "bigger" and gave a sense of more movement space, etc. Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see a reason to use mats with bigger hexes with blocks. With 15mm figures, I use 4" staggered squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a couple of EPIC games with 4" hexes drawn onto a felt matt.
The figures were 1/72 scale, and it did feel bigger, but also a bit more fiddly.

It is a fair bit of work to essentially replace perfectly good components, and the figures add up over time. So you should be sure you want to experience this before setting off. Took me about a year between start and first play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
I don't see a reason to use mats with bigger hexes with blocks. With 15mm figures, I use 4" staggered squares.

Thanks. I figured the sole purpose of doing this was the mini effect, but was just curious if I was missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is impressive, but it takes quite a while to set up the figures. Maybe if you decide on a scenario and select the figures in advance.

Also, I put one C&CA block down with each unit just to remove ambiguity about the unit's type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.