Support:

Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Good news for Britain:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/08/19/what-brexit-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
They haven't left the EU yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

So just announcing we are leaving, without changing one line of any trade agreement or law has only damaged our economy enough so it isn't quite a recession? That's good to know. Can't wait to see what happens when we pull the trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Increasing consumer spending is not really a great sign.

I notice the Telegraph didn't show the 10 year bond yield graphs. They are the lowest they have been for 10 years. They are now around 0.5% - before the referendum they were more like 1.5% and last year more like 1.9%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the point is that even announcing we were leaving would damage us beyond repair.

You do all recall the doom and gloom campaign (sorry stay campaign).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
I think the point is that even announcing we were leaving would damage us beyond repair.

Still waiting for the immediate jam the leave campaign promised us. Oh wait they all ran away when called upon to deliver it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Still waiting for the immediate jam the leave campaign promised us. Oh wait they all ran away when called upon to deliver it.
Do they promise us immediate jam?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Actually announcing we were leaving did damage us quite a lot. This article is not exactly mainstream economics. Have you noticed what just happened to interest rates?
Also Chinese relations seem to have gone south since we insulted a bunch of them recently over the power station so I don't know who these new trade partners are going to be.
We are now the 6th largest economy which is an embarrassment for the brexiteers who trumpeted that we were the fifth.
We can repeat this conversation next August. I hope I am wrong but we will be much weaker economically then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

By now the NHS was supposed to be 350 million GBP a week richer and the streets were going to be paved in gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

By now the NHS was supposed to be 350 million GBP a week richer and the streets were going to be paved in gold.
I do not think they did say this would be possible right away, just that once we had actually left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

I do not think they did say this would be possible right away, just that once we had actually left.

It won't be possible then, either, and you damn well know it. And yes, they DID say that it would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

It won't be possible then, either, and you damn well know it. And yes, they DID say that it would.
Really, the advert just said

That says nothing about when this will happen.

I am not saying they did not say they could give the NHS 350 million, I am saying it was not a promise for the intimidate aftermath of leaving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

I am not saying they did not say they could give the NHS 350 million, I am saying it was not a promise for the intimidate aftermath of leaving.

F'kin bait-and-switch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

OK considering that the money we send to the EU funds a hell of a lot of things. If you think that £350m should go to the NHS then this seems to indicate that none of that money should go to science, to farmers, to the environment, to fishermen, to infrastructure spending, to education etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

OK considering that the money we send to the EU funds a hell of a lot of things. If you think that £350m should go to the NHS then this seems to indicate that none of that money should go to science, to farmers, to the environment, to fishermen, to infrastructure spending, to education etc.
But if we invade Mars then we get all their resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Especially since it was actually £160 million and that's a drop in the ocean compared with the expected economic losses due to Brexit. [Which are real, Slater]
Every politician who rode that bus is scum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
andyl wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

What a wanker you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
andyl wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

What a wanker you are.
Why, you are not addressing the piton made, all I did was not address the point you made.

If you want to engage in Strawmen why am I a wanker for doing so?

This sums up the whole stay campaign, not actually addressing what people say. Maybe if you actually had bothered to talk with (rather then at) people you would have won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
andyl wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
JasonJ0 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Especially since it was actually £160 million and that's a drop in the ocean compared with the expected economic losses due to Brexit. [Which are real, Slater]
Every politician who rode that bus is scum.
I am not going to discus anything then the point I made, care to adress that point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aww I think hes sulking, they promised us an immediate A50 - I think they even banded around the next day.

Is that not jam immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
aww I think hes sulking, they promised us an immediate A50 - I think they even banded around the next day.

Is that not jam immediately?
Who did?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
jmilum wrote:
They haven't left the EU yet...

True, though this is showing investors willing to look ahead.

When is the final Brexit date anyway? Is it still up for negotiation or is there a fixed date?

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
DavidDearlove wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

So just announcing we are leaving, without changing one line of any trade agreement or law has only damaged our economy enough so it isn't quite a recession? That's good to know. Can't wait to see what happens when we pull the trigger.

Weird how negatively you read that, where I read it quite positively.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
slatersteven wrote:
growlley wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

I like blackberry jam....

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
Ferretman wrote:

Weird how negatively you read that, where I read it quite positively.

Ferret

I'm not sure how 'things got somewhat back to normal after a worrying dip' can be seen as positive. Non-negative perhaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.