$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 125.78

7,483 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trading....clue tokens too ?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
james zajicek
United States
henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
As I see it it takes an action to make a trade...so it is never free..
right ??

Can one inspector ..during a trade...give Clue Tokens to another ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dellchili wrote:
As I see it it takes an action to make a trade...so it is never free..
right ??

Can one inspector ..during a trade...give Clue Tokens to another ?


No. Only Possessions may be traded...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
dellchili wrote:
As I see it it takes an action to make a trade...so it is never free..
right ??

Can one inspector ..during a trade...give Clue Tokens to another ?


No. Only Possessions may be traded...


And just to back up what he said...

RRG pg 5. Second bullet point under Clue.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine there will be an investigator that can trade clues as more expansions are added (I'm looking at you Jacqueline Fine, psychic).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Dean-King
msg tools
On the subject of Clues, I need a little clarity I can't find anywhere. The Rules Reference says "An inivestigator may discard any number of Clues to convert an equal number of investigation results (small magnifying glass symbol) to success results (star symbol) while resolving a test". Does this mean ANY test, even a physical one like a STRENGTH test? I took it very thematically and converted only on mental tasks. How, I reasoned, does a Clue help me smash a drawer open, or fight, for example? It seems I've restricted myself too much. Would some kind person please confirm my thinking? Ta.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They work for any skill test including strength tests.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LenDK62 wrote:
Does this mean ANY test, even a physical one like a STRENGTH test? I took it very thematically and converted only on mental tasks. How, I reasoned, does a Clue help me smash a drawer open, or fight, for example?


Using clue token you concentrate and notice at the last moment that your intended use of strength wasn't optimal and decide to correct it so strength is better applied (same with agility).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Dean-King
msg tools
Thanks guys, really helpful. I'm just getting into it, played some of the first scenario and have to teach it tonight, so getting it right so we have a chance is really really helpful. Cheers
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Harlan

Oregon
msg tools
mb
LenDK62 wrote:
Thanks guys, really helpful. I'm just getting into it, played some of the first scenario and have to teach it tonight, so getting it right so we have a chance is really really helpful. Cheers

Read the FAQ post. It has the things people mess up. Our biggest early mistake was not realizing that move can be interrupted: you can start your move action, resolve a second action, then finish the move.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhsa wrote:
Using clue token you concentrate and notice at the last moment that your intended use of strength wasn't optimal and decide to correct it so strength is better applied (same with agility).

I prefer to think of it as the book or notes or whatever you found a few turns ago (source of the clue) happened to detail the weakpoint of the monster I am attacking now, or provide tips on how to break down doors, or whatever.

That ties into the Dazed condition too, the one that stops you using clues on tests and puzzles, as you temporarily can't recall what those clues you learned were or how to apply them to the current situation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.