Popular Tags: [View All]
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up when I was trying the game solitaire earlier. Does track damage count for the -20 shooter damaged AP hit modifier? I ruled that it does, seeing as how taking track damage can force the crew to bailout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
The Panzer Pusher gives you prestige!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those states have nothing to do with each other apart from the bail out check, so no, a track hit vehicle doesn't count for the shooter damaged modifier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense Fernando, thanks for that. The mistake didn't make any difference in the end: the Germans still got slaughtered in a Russian demonstration of the use of cover as a force equaliser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JMcL63 wrote:
...demonstration of the use of cover as a force equaliser.

A bigger deal in Panzer/MBT than most people realize!

In 6.5.2.5 of the _MBT_ rules it states this modifier applies in cases of _turret_ damage. I don't see that clarification in the Panzer rules (2015 ed.) though, so it seems to apply to any damage in that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have MBT Nadir: I can't understand that rules reference and so don't get the point you're making.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JMcL63 wrote:
I don't have MBT Nadir: I can't understand that rules reference and so don't get the point you're making.

Rule text from MBT (2016 ed. downloaded from GMT):
6.5.2.5 AP Hit Modifiers
"Shooter Damaged
If the firing vehicle’s turret was Damaged during a previous turn or previous action during the current turn, the modifier is –3."

Rule text from Panzer (2015 ed. downloaded from GMT):
4.4.3.2.2 AP Hit Modifiers
"Shooter Damaged
If the firing unit was Damaged during a previous turn or previous action during the current turn the modifier is –3."

The point is that the difference could come from one of two things:
1) Designer's intent with Panzer was that any damage (excluding a track hit) results in the Shooter Damaged -3 AP Hit Modifier, or
2) The rule wasn't updated in the re-release of Panzer and the Damaged Shooter -3 modifier should be restricted to vehicles with Turret Damage.

Only Jim can confirm one way or the other.

-Nadir
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get what you're saying now Nadir. There's no mention of turret damage in Panzer though, so I don't think that's a factor here. I'm now satisfied that the damage result is a specific result not equated with track hits for the purposes of AP hit modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Specific Hull and Turret damage was added to MBT. That games uses a different Damage counter with Hull and Turret indicators.

If I can make it happen in a reasonable fashion, I'd like to retrofit specific damage to the Panzer series. That may happen with the upcoming Panzer France 1940 expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.