Subject: Temperature bonuses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cyn Tuck

Akron
OH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find where it tells you what exactly the bonuses are for hitting certain temperatures.

Do you gain a heat or increase heat production?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You get 1 step of heat production, as stated in the 'science' box on page 4 and indicated by the heat icon being in a brown box.
Getting to 0C allows you to place an ocean tile and get its associated placement bonuses and 1 step of TR.

Similarily, getting to 8% oxygen allows you to increase the temperature 1 step as a bonus, resulting in another step up on the TR track as well. The extra temperature step might hit one of the bonus steps mentioned above and would give you that bonus too if that happens.

One of my brothers disturbingly often manages to do this; getting oxygen to 8% (+1 TR) resulting in a timely temperature rise (+1 TR) from -2C to 0C, giving him the ocean tile bonus step as well (+1 TR), with plants as placement bonus for placing the ocean tile, sometimes pushing him up to 8 plants that he can convert into a greenery tile on his next action. Resulting in another oxygen rise and another step of TR.
But this is an extreme case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
odes spielekiste
Germany
Horstmar-Leer
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been a good idea to explain the bonuses mechanically and not thematic on page 4. I had some problems figuring it out, too. Because it is hidden quite well in the explanations of the symbols on page 14.

But it is in the rules. All good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
It would have been a good idea to explain the bonuses mechanically and not thematic on page 4. I had some problems figuring it out, too. Because it is hidden quite well in the explanations of the symbols on page 14.

But it is in the rules. All good.

You're right. This will definitely go into the FAQ I'm putting together.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyn Tuck

Akron
OH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do love how much science, information and theme went into the rule book!

That being said, sometimes I just need things spelled out for me.

That was how I had been playing, I just wanted to be positive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
This will definitely go into the FAQ I'm putting together.

One thing I would suggest for either the FAQ and/or the next rulebook print run is:

Make it very explicit that only the player who triggered the threshold gets the bonus, not every player. This is already quite clear from the wording ("If you raise the parameter to this point, you
also get the attached bonus"), but it's not necessarily intuitive or thematically obvious that only a single player benefits from the greenhouse/thawing effects that are occuring on the whole planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.