Hide
5 Posts

The U.S. Civil War» Forums » Rules

Subject: First Example of Play in Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Sandefur
msg tools
I'm probably missing something obvious but in the first example of play in the rules Sherman is moving and stops in a hex with two two-star generals, Thomas and Couch. Then it reads, "Either Sherman or Thomas can become the Commanding General of the combined stack--not Couch." Why not Couch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure. Couch is clearly also a two star general, so he should be available to be the commanding general. Maybe a mis-print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosecrans man
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Sandefur wrote:
I'm probably missing something obvious but in the first example of play in the rules Sherman is moving and stops in a hex with two two-star generals, Thomas and Couch. Then it reads, "Either Sherman or Thomas can become the Commanding General of the combined stack--not Couch." Why not Couch?

Perhaps, in that hex, Thomas already has seniority over Couch thereby nullifying him as the CO of the other two.

Or, could it be the historical seniority of the generals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas is the commanding general of his stack and Couch is his subordinate. See 7.2.4 Changing Commander. Sherman is the commanding general of his stack and he ends his move in a hex with another commanding general of equal rank: Thomas. So the player can decide between those two who will be the commanding general of the overall stack at the end of Sherman's move. Subordinates are ineligible to become commanding generals in this scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sandefur
msg tools
arjisme wrote:
Thomas is the commanding general of his stack and Couch is his subordinate. See 7.2.4 Changing Commander. Sherman is the commanding general of his stack and he ends his move in a hex with another commanding general of equal rank: Thomas. So the player can decide between those two who will be the commanding general of the overall stack at the end of Sherman's move. Subordinates are ineligible to become commanding generals in this scenario.

Okay. So, I'm supposed to know that Thomas is the commanding general of his stack because he is on top. Got it. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.