Subject: activating water and Ice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roy rehberg
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that when you activate water, you activate all water portals in its room. What if there is a water token in the Library when the Library activates, but no water portals anywhere on the board? Do you still add a second water token to the Library? It seems like you wouldn't based on the rule. However, reading through the forums, its unclear if a second water token would be added if there are no portals on the board.

Same thing for ice. Ice freezes nearby water when it activates. If there is no nearby water, do you still add a second token to a single ice when it activates? Or do you do nothing?

Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your read of the rules is correct, there's no need to do anything

I'd clarify that when water activates you activate all water portals connected to it by a trail of water.

For example if the Library adjoins the Horde and both contain a water token then activating either one of them would activate the water portals in both (if any).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
x_equals_speed wrote:

I'd clarify that when water activates you activate all water portals connected to it by a trail of water.

For example if the Library adjoins the Horde and both contain a water token then activating either one of them would activate the water portals in both (if any).

The Horde? I didn't see any orks in my copy of the game. Am I missing some components?

Sorry, I'll show myself out now .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roy rehberg
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
x_equals_speed wrote:

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
x_equals_speed wrote:

The Horde? I didn't see any orks in my copy of the game. Am I missing some components?

Once there are more than ten imps on the board they cease to be monsters and become a new location with a unique room ability that moves if it gets activated.

Or did we take that out in playtesting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
x_equals_speed wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
x_equals_speed wrote:

Once there are more than ten imps on the board they cease to be monsters and become a new location with a unique room ability that moves if it gets activated.

Or did we take that out in playtesting?

It's probably in the expert scenarios, I haven't gotten to those yet . I'm having too much fun with the non-horde non-expert scenarios in the advanced game to move on to the expert ones .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.