Subject: The Prodigals Club, Hansa Teutonica or Shakespeare? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco Arce
Argentina
Rosario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I'm trying to decide buying a middle weight euro, and I come across with these 3 games which according to the BGG seems to be relatively similar in weight and overall score. I saw a couple of playthroughs and I can't decide which of them to buy (unfortunately I have to buy only one). So I wanted to know if anyone played the three of them and can tell me which one was better due to replayability, difficulty, numbers of players, etc. Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell InNC
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure which Shakespeare game you are referring to but one of them is Coop (if that is a plus or minus).

I have played HT a couple of times and have worries about the replayability of this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played The Prodigals Club and Shakespeare and I'm not sure I'd say they're of similar weight. Shakespere is a fine game, but I would say it's lighter than Prodigals Club, and in fact would say its even lighter than Prodigals Club's brother: Last Will.

I've only played 2p, but both worked well at 2 and I can see them playing well at higher players although Prodigals Club might get the AP going with some people. Its not complex mechanically but there are many decision paths. For that same reason, I'd say it has much more replay than Shakespere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Aldrich
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of this will depend on your player account. If you are regularly playing with 4 players who won't be put off by the ugly table presence and box cover, then go with Hansa teutonica. However if you want to game that looks great and plays well with two to four players go with the prodigals club. Of the three I think it probably has the most replayability. And it's a fun but vibrant theme. As far as the comment above mine is concerned, it is not at all lighter than last will... i cant even imagine why he would claim that. Its defintely more complex, but still in that midweight category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Arce
Argentina
Rosario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the comments. Yes, basically I play always with three or four players, never with two. The Prodigal's Club theme seems great, but I don't discard Hansa Teutonica since I love games like Orleans, Caylus, Castles of Burgundy, which have that medieval "ugly" theme that I really don't mind as long as the mechanics are engaging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.