Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on putting a copy of this together. The rules say X number of "double sided" synergy tokens. What is the game impact of them being double sided? It looks like the examples given in the rules have +X on the side shown in the image. Is it critical that the value be shown on the marker, or can cubes or other items of different colors be easily used to represent the different values?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
rstites25 wrote:
I'm working on putting a copy of this together. The rules say X number of "double sided" synergy tokens. What is the game impact of them being double sided? It looks like the examples given in the rules have +X on the side shown in the image. Is it critical that the value be shown on the marker, or can cubes or other items of different colors be easily used to represent the different values?

I used mini clothespins that happened to be the right colors as synergy tokens. But it probably would have been faster if I'd had the number to look at instead. Cubes would work fine. The important thing is to recognize the synergy exists and the amount from whatever you're using, and a disc with a number on it is probably the best way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
rstites25 wrote:

I used mini clothespins that happened to be the right colors as synergy tokens. But it probably would have been faster if I'd had the number to look at instead. Cubes would work fine. The important thing is to recognize the synergy exists and the amount from whatever you're using, and a disc with a number on it is probably the best way.

Thanks. So being double sided in some fashion isn't really important?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
rstites25 wrote:
Jythier wrote:
rstites25 wrote:

Thanks. So being double sided in some fashion isn't really important?

When you dump them out you don't have to flip any over.

That's correct, there's no game reason for them to be double sided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I can probably cobble together enough cubes to give it a trial run and then from there figure out what, if anything, might be a better choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.