Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santiago Garcia Galiana
Spain
Valencia
SPAIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Presidios make its own hex and surrounding hexes untocuchable. And having missions that cheap (5$ and 1 priest) make every game the same: central presidios surrounded by lots of missions.
We play with the next changes, which make our games more interesting:
-presidios protect it´s own hex with +2 strength, and surrounding hexes with +1 strength. This way you still can snatch a settlement from another player if you play it right
-card limit is maximum 3 cards/type in hand
-draw only 1 event: dwawing 2 and choosing 1 might seem more tactical, but we always skip taking inmigrants (because you give and advantage to the next player, even if you get to choose 1st), and it´s a never ending loop. Choosing only one makes you be ready for whatever might come (you have to prepare to have something to sell everywhere)
-Player with most money wins (buying points = unnecessary step)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
It surprises me you always skip immigrants. Can you explain in more detail why you think taking immigrants gives an advantage to the next player please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Santa Cruz Mts.
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play Immigrants, there's an upside and a downside:
- Downside: the other players get to use their immigrants before you.
- Upside: you're guaranteed to get the kind of immigrant you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Garcia Galiana
Spain
Valencia
SPAIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buffalohat stole my answer. ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Santa Cruz Mts.
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking to make Immigrants more worth choosing, I'd suggest giving it a small bonus rather than only drawing one event card at a time.

(You could let the person who plays Immigrants take two people from the pool instead of just one.)

Back during playtesting, you used to only draw one event card on your turn. Changing it to the current system (draw two, play one, put one back on top) gave the players a great tactical decision, and everyone enjoyed it.

Personally, I like the way it is, but I'm a bit biased on that. (I'm the designer.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarification please. Does the Beginner's Game rule of 5 points per Settlement minus 2 points per unplayed Pioneer card apply to all games? If so, you can't play the player with the most money at game end wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Garcia Galiana
Spain
Valencia
SPAIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in our games,nearly everyone had same number of settlements and pioneers, and last turn can be used to waste those pioneers so you don´t get that penalty.
what i meant by "player with most money wins" is that the action called "buying points" didn´t make much sense, or it´s an unnecessary step if you wish (the only way that an action called "buying points" or "securing points" would make sense is that a big part of that money could be stolen or lost, but it´s not the case in this game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.