Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Over at the InsideGMT blog, about 2,000 words on the different wooden bits in Colonial Twilight and what they represent.

http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=11853

Also features a look at the near-final map art!

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Stites
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looking at the map, but is it correct to assume that there are no Lines of Communications? Is there anything analogous to them in the game? (Both in terms of the economic impact on resources and mobility advantages?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharp eyes.
Yes, there are no LoCs.
See the previous InsideGMT blog post for why.
http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=10121

There is a France Track which represents the FLN's organization/ squeezing of the hundreds of thousands of Algerian expatriates in France for resources.
The Government can reduce and interdict FLN Resources by improving the Border Zone status, in a form of reverse sabotage of pipelines I guess you could call it.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
The map says 7 Algerian police, but the article says 9?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The map is correct - 7 Algerian Police.
I'll get the post fixed.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
Now that I look at it, the numbers advantage for the Government is very low. Indeed, if any pieces are out of play, it's nonexistent.

EDIT: I'm amused by the fact that the French army can just keep launching coups, although presumably you won't do it once the Fifth Republic is secure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's true that the numbers aren't as skewed between sides as in other modern COIN games, yes.

But the game isn't won on numbers alone, and it's possible for Guerrillas to be forced Out of Play as well.

Please don't build too much from a look at the map.

My next InsideGMT post (haven't written it yet, but maybe in a few weeks) will deal with menus of Operations and Special Activities.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Walsh
Ireland
Lucan
Co Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
ltmurnau wrote:
It's true that the numbers aren't as skewed between sides as in other modern COIN games, yes.

But the game isn't won on numbers alone, and it's possible for Guerrillas to be forced Out of Play as well.

Interesting.

ltmurnau wrote:

My next InsideGMT post (haven't written it yet, but maybe in a few weeks) will deal with menus of Operations and Special Activities.

I'm looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Post is fixed now. Sorry about that.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Bednarek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
There is so much to like about CT. I love the Eligibilty Track, if you choose to you may play first for consecutive turns. The " no look ahead" rule will certainly amp up the tension and trash the best laid plans. I'm considering employing this in my future CL and FitL games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

I hope you enjoy the game when it comes out!

I figured out a way to let the 4-faction games use the Initiative Track but have not had time to test it yet.

https://brtrain.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/spielenexperiment-t...

Let me know if you try it out.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
PS: French are limited to one Coup d'etat per campaign, so that's an absolute limit of four in a full five-Prop game.
It's risky, but if you want De Gaulle and/or the OAS in, or out of the way, you need to do it.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.