$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Carlos Alberto Rodriguez M.
Colombia
Bogotá
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, I faced a situation and I want to know If I resolved it correctly.

Scenario The lonely mountain, Quest 2B.
In the Quest phase, I did this:

Step 1. I committed 6 characters: Bilbo (+ Sting). / Leadership Sphere: Thorin and Gloin. / Spirit Sphere: Nori and Dwalin. / Lore Sphere: Ori.

Step 2. The revealed card was Fighting Among Friends. This card says: “When Revealed: The first player names a sphere. Then, all non-[Baggins] characters who do not belong to the named sphere are removed from the quest.”. I named Leadership Sphere. So, just Thorin, Gloin and Bilbo remained committed. (But the others remained exhausted).

First issue: I keeped Bilbo commited because I supposed that a character must to meet both conditions to be removed from the quest: a) To be a non-baggins, and; b) Do not belong to the named sphere; (is It ok?)

Step 3. Resolution. The Smaug’s card says: “X is the number of non-Burglar characters commited to the quest.”

In this moment the threat of Smaug is 2 because there are just 2 characters non-burglar committed to the quest. There are 3 more characters exhausted but they are not committed. I affirm this because the rules (p. 14) about the Quest Resolution says: “(…) Characters committed to the quest are considered committed to that quest through the end of the quest phase, unless removed from the quest by a card effect. They do remain exhausted once this step is complete.”

So, to me is pretty clear that Nori, Dwallin and Ori, even being exhausted, aren’t commited to the quest because to the effect of Fighting Among Friends.

Second Issue:I am right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you played that exactly right.

And nice to see another Friedrich Hayek fan! I don't have the Hayek microbadge showing since there are only five slots, but I own it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alberto Rodriguez M.
Colombia
Bogotá
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robin, thanks for your help and your words. I also like your microbadges.

When I read “The Road to Serfdom” from Hayek I found a lot of new and interesting ideas to me. After him came Mises, Rothbard, Bastiat, and others. I had finally founded a set of principles and consistent ideas to understand the society, economics and politics. My view about the world changed.

So, actually It is a pleasure to meet a boardgamer, LOTR Fan and follower of Austrian Economics as you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.