Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read through the rulebook and it's very possible I missed this. Are the stern pieces for the non-blue players 2 or 3 stories? Right now we're calling them 3 stories, because the blue stern is 3, and because they are close to 2 2/3 stories high.

Tell me where it is in the rulebook if I missed it. Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyn Tuck

Akron
OH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct all of the stern's are 3 stories high.

The ship builders just built them in different stylistic ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Quintens
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hello Murr,

I'm not sure I understand the question. Indeed, in the rules nothing is mentioning this BUT the fact that there is 2 or 3 stories on the stern does not impact anything.

Choosing any of the color will give to player to start with exactly the same opportunities (empty spaces).

Let me know if I'm missing something in the question?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thibaut Quintens wrote:
Hello Murr,

I'm not sure I understand the question. Indeed, in the rules nothing is mentioning this BUT the fact that there is 2 or 3 stories on the stern does not impact anything.

Choosing any of the color will give to player to start with exactly the same opportunities (empty spaces).

Let me know if I'm missing something in the question?

Thank you

Now that I understand how to count empty spaces (see my other thread here), I understand that for counting empty spaces, the heights do not matter, but would still matter for how many sails can be put above the piece. We are counting them as 3 stories, so only 1 sail is allowed above the stern pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.