Subject: Foam Box Insert available for UK - 2 copies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi can someone help me please
- I backed KS for Box foam insert for cosmic (holds base + 5 expansions - sleeeved + non-sleeved).

Due to shipping etc, it made more sense to order 3.
They have arrived + looks pretty good!

I don't need the other 2, so would like to sell them (UK only, sorry).
Im not looking to make any money on this, they cost me ~£15 each (after customs got their grubby hands on me )

What's the best way to list on geekmarket, since it won't be an item i can find.
I'm happy for BGG to take their percentage (3% - is that right?)

I just dont know how to list it.

Also, am i allowed to post a URL to the KS page to show what it is?
If not, it is first link in google if u type "kickstarter cosmic encounter foam insert"

Many thanks for your help guys.

PS just to re-iterate - i am not trying to avoid BGG fees, but am still quite new, and don't know how to do many things on BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's 2 common methods for stuff like this.

1. Use the entry Outside the Scope of BGG

2. Use the entry for the base game, but include pictures and make it VERY clear that the listing is for the insert and not the game.

PS. If you can confirm how much you want plus shipping for a set, I'll be happy to take one off your hands. Out of interest, do the planet tiles go higher than the box edge? The images on the Kickstarter for the prototype look very close to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:

2. Use the entry for the base game, but include pictures and make it VERY clear that the listing is for the insert and not the game.

PS. If you can confirm how much you want plus shipping for a set, I'll be happy to take one off your hands. Out of interest, do the planet tiles go higher than the box edge? The images on the Kickstarter for the prototype look very close to it!

OK I'll try that, thanks.

The planet tiles are deliberately 4-5mm above the insert to allow easily being picked up. Maybe 1mm above box edge, but lid fits great.
4 bays fit 10planets each, nice and snug (so all 8 players).

As I said they cost me £15 each, so I'd be happy to sell for cost-price (+ £2.80 shipping is cheapest I know of - or collect from Cardiff if near)

I'll put them up on bgg store next couple of days, and post it here once they're up.
Sal
Cheers, Sal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, that configuration is going to make the planets bear all the weight of whatever's stacked on top of the box. Seems like a good way to put extra stress on the corners of the lid and bottom, while also eventually warping the planets. You probably don't want to stack other games on top of this one.

Probably also want to train yourself to carry the box by its corners. If you grab it along the sides like usual, it looks like that will put stress on the edges of the lid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bill Martinson wrote:
Hmm, that configuration is going to make the planets bear all the weight of whatever's stacked on top of the box. Seems like a good way to put extra stress on the corners of the lid and bottom, while also eventually warping the planets. You probably don't want to stack other games on top of this one.

Probably also want to train yourself to carry the box by its corners.

Good advice, thanks! Have a GG
I can live with making sure cosmic box is at top of stack + holding it from corners.
Once game is started box is out of the way anyway.
Kind regards, Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:

HI everyone, sorry I haven't updated the thread sooner - I ripped my achilles tendon + had to have an operation in last few weeks cry!
I'm doing ok, thank God, but didn't have time to update the insert stuff.

I have put the insert into my cosmic box, and so far base + 3 expansions (with 3 extra ships colours)fit nicely, my cards are all sleeved.
The planets do raise the cover of box a few mm, so as Bill pointed out in thread, best to keep cosmic at the top of any stack of games (if u love it, u'll do that anyway! lol)

Price is £15 per insert - shipping is £2.85 Royal mail 2nd class, £3.95 if you want signed for (collection from cardiff = FREE!)

UK ONLY, SORRY.

I don't know how to link directly to the market item advert (please educate me!), so here is the link for the geek market item:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/1008420

I hope i have listed it correctly (i have 2 copies).

Please make note of some of the caveats mentioned regarding sleeved cards.

Kind regards, Sal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.