Subject: Retrieving a worker after having passed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Abad
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to apologise in advance if this has been covered before somewhere. I did my best to read thoroughly before asking.

There is a card that allows the opponent to retrieve a worker and you get 1 VP. Let's assume it's winter and the opponent had already passed the previous turn. The he receives a new worker. Can she use this worker even if she passed? Or the worker is actually lost? In the latter case, of course, the best move would be not to retrieve the worker. I just wanted to make sure what the rule would be.

Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Volodioso wrote:
I'd like to apologise in advance if this has been covered before somewhere. I did my best to read thoroughly before asking.

There is a card that allows the opponent to retrieve a worker and you get 1 VP. Let's assume it's winter and the opponent had already passed the previous turn. The he receives a new worker. Can she use this worker even if she passed? Or the worker is actually lost? In the latter case, of course, the best move would be not to retrieve the worker. I just wanted to make sure what the rule would be.

Thanks a lot.

The Essential Edition rulebook has this sentence on the top of page 7:

Quote:
If a player passes, he may place no more workers that season.

So the answer will be no, she cannot use the new worker if she has passed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Your opponent gets no advantage from retrieving, so almost certainly should not do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.