Subject: Another few questions after first game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
L. Laszlo
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I have some questions that came to my mind during first game:

1. Lets assume I am Rebel. The Rebel Base is in a popolous system,loyal to the Rebels. Is it possible that during the Deploying Phase I Deploy 2 units both to the System and to the Rebel Base space, thus deploying actually 4 units (when the base is not revealed ofc)?

2. If I am an attacker and all of my units get destroyed in a battle, what happens to my Leader who activated the system? Does he need to retreat, or will stay there?

3. When opposing a mission the rules say: " An opposing leader is placed in the system where the mission is being attempted.". What if the opposer already had a leader there for eariler activating system or for earlier mission? May he place another one for opposition? If yes, can he use the tactic values of both leaders for dices?

4. In L2P it is written (p. 6) that you can assign 1 or 2 leaders for a mission. later on (p. 8) when revealing a mission it says "Then places his leader in the declared system." It says just leader. There is no reference for placing both leaders. So should I place only one of them?

5. Tranport capacity: I found no clue if transport capacity is per unit or per health bar? (Like an AT-AT takes 1 slot, or 4 when transporting?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LasTM wrote:

LasTM wrote:
1. Lets assume I am Rebel. The Rebel Base is in a popolous system,loyal to the Rebels. Is it possible that during the Deploying Phase I Deploy 2 units both to the System and to the Rebel Base space, thus deploying actually 4 units (when the base is not revealed ofc)?

Yes, you can do this.

LasTM wrote:
2. If I am an attacker and all of my units get destroyed in a battle, what happens to my Leader who activated the system? Does he need to retreat, or will stay there?

The leader stays until the refresh phase.

LasTM wrote:
3. When opposing a mission the rules say: " An opposing leader is placed in the system where the mission is being attempted.". What if the opposer already had a leader there for eariler activating system or for earlier mission? May he place another one for opposition? If yes, can he use the tactic values of both leaders for dices?

When more than one leader is in a space, for combat purposes, you pick which leader you want to use combat values for and draw tactics cards bases on that leaders number. Pick the one with the higher numbers.

LasTM wrote:
4. In L2P it is written (p. 6) that you can assign 1 or 2 leaders for a mission. later on (p. 8) when revealing a mission it says "Then places his leader in the declared system." It says just leader. There is no reference for placing both leaders. So should I place only one of them?

You place both leaders.

LasTM wrote:
5. Tranport capacity: I found no clue if transport capacity is per unit or per health bar? (Like an AT-AT takes 1 slot, or 4 when transporting?)

Per unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LasTM wrote:

For what I know, Nothing says the contrary, so I would say OK for 2+2

LasTM wrote:

Seems to me you can choose to either "retreat alone" or stay but I'm not completely sure

LasTM wrote:

As far as I know, yes, you can add another leader to counter, that makes the timing of mission really important

LasTM wrote:

Place the 2 leaders

LasTM wrote:

per unit, so an AT-AT squadron takes the same amount of place than a Stromtroopers legion :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You received some contradicting or confusing answers, so I thought I'd clear those up.

2: You cannot choose to retreat a leader without retreating units, so the leader definitely stays there.

3: Tactics values are only used for combat. You only get to send a leader into combat if you have none with tactics already there. For missions that are attempted, the opponent may always send a leader to oppose if they wish. All leaders present in the system (except captured ones most of the time) contribute the sum of their icons to the attempt.

4: Never try to use the LtP as a definitive source. It provides basics alone and makes assumptions, such as you only sent one leader when discussing how to reveal a mission. The RRG is much better at making things clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Laszlo
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers. Though mainly because of my failure for the 3rd question I didn't get the answer I was looking for. Its only about missions and not about combat.

3. When opposing a mission the rules say: " An opposing leader is placed in the system where the mission is being attempted.". What if the opposer already had a leader there for eariler activating system or for earlier mission? May he place another one for opposition? If yes, can he use the skills of both leaders for dices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LasTM wrote:
Thanks for the answers. Though mainly because of my failure for the 3rd question I didn't get the answer I was looking for. Its only about missions and not about combat.

3. When opposing a mission the rules say: " An opposing leader is placed in the system where the mission is being attempted.". What if the opposer already had a leader there for eariler activating system or for earlier mission? May he place another one for opposition? If yes, can he use the skills of both leaders for dices?

The opponent always has the option to oppose with a new leader from their leader pool. All leaders except for captured leaders in the system lend their dice to any mission attempted in that system. Captured leaders only lend their icons to oppose missions that target them, specifically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LasTM wrote:

Rules reference, page 9:

If there are at least one Imperial and one Rebel leader in the
system, the mission is opposed, and players must roll dice to
determine whether the mission succeeds. Each player rolls a
number of dice equal to the combined number of skill icons
on all of his leaders in the system whose skill icons match the
mission card’s skill.
The current player rolls dice first, followed
by his opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.