Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my copy for the first time even though I've owned it 2 years or so. It was what I expected - a nice, light game. I plan to use it at the beach as a fun light time spender with the kids. I played on carpet. My only complaint : the yachts kept falling over. The bottoms are not flat. I'm thinking of mod-ding my yachts to add a little ballast and a flat bottom. I can probably work that out on my own. I'm just curious, though, whether anyone else has tried something like this. If you did, what happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The boats are meant to tilt! By planing the bottom you take away 80% of what is "realistic" (akin to real sailing) in this game.
I guess the problem is the carpet. On a flat, hard ground my boats at least sail well, without capsizing.

Quote:
yachts
Technically, these are not yachts ("big" keel boats) but jolly boats (dinghies). And that is a boat type that capsizes if you mis-handle it, while keel boats just sink (kayaks do both )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schelter
Canada
Bracebridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. Maybe I'll make my own, second set of boats to work on a sandy beach, and keep the boats as is in case I ever play on a table or other hard surface.

Thanks for the clarification on the types of boats. I just said "yachts" because that's what was written in the rule book. I'd probably just say "sailboat" if I hadn't read yacht in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.