Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight! Nikki, Mark, Dave and Lincoln play Hyperborea from designers Andrea Chiarvesio, Pierluca Zizzi and published by Asterion Press and Yemaia.

Thanks for watching and please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how we run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
YES! I LOVE Hyperborea, SO happy to see it on here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very much looking forward to this episode! I've finally been able to secure my own copy of this game... and I'm picking it up after work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CRAIG O
United States
COMMERCE CITY
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lincoln, on your second to last "reset" you forgot to move your guys out of your cities, may have helped you in the end game.

Interesting game, certainly a lot to remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Hyperborea. What grabbed me intially was the back story but the gameplay is what really makes this game shine.

I've always wondered: between thia and Orleans which game was the first bag-builder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this I think two Gen Cons ago? And was very excited to have it. But after a few plays, it quickly dulled for me. I really didn't like the explore portion of the board and the disk reveal proved to be to me too unbalanced. It felt 'pushy' in the middle which I didn't like much. And the build a bag is a bit unforgiving to me - you can get into cube draws that really aren't what you need. Orleans I believe is the much better bag builder game - much clearer to me what you are doing and seems much more forgiving when you draw.

But good to see you play a longer game again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamw wrote:
I got this I think two Gen Cons ago? And was very excited to have it. But after a few plays, it quickly dulled for me. I really didn't like the explore portion of the board and the disk reveal proved to be to me too unbalanced. It felt 'pushy' in the middle which I didn't like much. And the build a bag is a bit unforgiving to me - you can get into cube draws that really aren't what you need. Orleans I believe is the much better bag builder game - much clearer to me what you are doing and seems much more forgiving when you draw.

But good to see you play a longer game again!

I like both games, but I prefer Hyperborea over Orleans due to the more interesting technology cards and slightly more direct confrontation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kauk
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:
I love Hyperborea. What grabbed me intially was the back story but the gameplay is what really makes this game shine.

I've always wondered: between thia and Orleans which game was the first bag-builder?

Hyperborea was first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Razak
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
One of my favorite games, awesome to see it continue to get some looks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hyperborea is one of my all time favorites. Glad to see it get more recognition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hyland

Waterville
Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a game I would have expected make it on GameNight and I'm glad to see it done. It's one of my favs that seemed to go unnoticed. I like Hype more than Orleans but Orleans is a good game too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Long
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on! Absolutely love Hyperborea. Thanks for including it in your most-appreciated series. Keep up the good work, and happy gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Hobbs
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks like Dominion on crack!

Very good in-depth explanation! Very fitting for a game like this.

Also LOL "re-jigger" a cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.