admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rules wrote:
Note: In some cases, a third player may use a Skill or
Structure to affect a Battle in which they are not the
Attacker or Defender. If a player who is not the Attacker
or Defender participates in the Attrition Objective, their
Units or tokens are always resolved last.

The FAQ wrote:
Q: What happens if Artillery or
Watchtower tokens are in a combat
between two other factions?
A: Nothing. Artillery and Watchtower tokens
are only used in battles where Humans are
present

Am I missing something? I thought that the Human tokens could not start Battles, but they happen when involved with other factions' battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The note from the rules is now not relevant. It may become relevant again if the FAQ changes or an expansion is released that adds new content.

-CORRECTION-
Exception: One Human skill Seek & Destroy. Missed that one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Glamdryn wrote:
The note from the rules is now not relevant. It may become relevant again if the FAQ changes or an expansion is released that adds new content.

The note from the rules is still relevant for other abilities. There are other skills that specifically allow you to be a 3rd party.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Random_Person wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

The note from the rules is still relevant for other abilities. There are other skills that specifically allow you to be a 3rd party.

Which ones?

Edit: Ah, Seek and Destroy, a Human skill, says it works in a non-Human Battle Region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Random_Person wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

How annoying. Now I have to remember which sections of the rules are superseded by the FAQ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MDJD wrote:
Random_Person wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

How annoying. Now I have to remember which sections of the rules are superseded by the FAQ?

Is that what Legacy games are like? The rules change every play...? This is way better; I don't even need to sticker up my board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Random_Person wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

So, was this always the rule, or was it changed via the FAQ? It was previously ruled that Human tokens worked as a third party:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23408071#23408071

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
Random_Person wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

So, was this always the rule, or was it changed via the FAQ? It was previously ruled that Human tokens worked as a third party:

That post you mentioned dated 09 August, while the FAQ was last updated on 19 August, so I guess the FAQ changed the rule to nerf Humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:
boomtron wrote:
Random_Person wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

That post you mentioned dated 09 August, while the FAQ was last updated on 19 August, so I guess the FAQ changed the rule to nerf Humans.

The FAQ did, indeed, change the rules regarding artillery and watchtower token 3rd party involvement. Similarly, the scouting ability was issued errata via the FAQ. Most (all?) of the other FAQ statements were clarifications. For clarifications, as long as they make sense according to RAW, I basically shrug and say, "meh, OK, that's how it works...no big deal." Errata, on the other hand, I simply do not care for, so hopefully we won't see anymore of that. Too much errata in any game will cause me to drop it altogether, as will arbitrary rulings (seemingly unsupported or contradicted by RAW).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
boomtron wrote:
Random_Person wrote:
Glamdryn wrote:

That was always the rule. Grant didn't know the rules well enough at that point as he wasn't involved in later testing and development.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seth van orden
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
What FAQ is this post talking about?

Edit: Never mind found it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe sedita
United States
New York
flag msg tools
So, if I'm not mistaken, the watchtower and artillery tokens do nothing in a battle without humans. They just sit there. But I'm still confused about Seek and Destroy... what "side" of the attrition objective does it affect? Both? Or does the human player pick which enemy will suffer the effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.