3 Posts

Great Battles of History» Forums » General

Subject: Your favorite activation system rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
luca rei
Germany
flag msg tools
The GBoH series is a very large series with nearly as much activation systems. What concers me is, what is your favorite acitvation system and why?

I personally like the system of Alexander and SPQR (similar to each other), because the initiative order with Momentum and Trumping options confronts me with tactical decisions and sometimes (bad) surprises. Another reason i like this version more than for example the chit/pull acitivation, or the formation activation of simple GBoH is that i dont want to keep track of the specific formations. I just like my individual orders and line commands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
epa minondas
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm agree with you the SPQR and Alexander system is far better than the chit pull activation system. I've waited Hoplite for years (perhaps since the first Alexander titlte in the 90's), but i was so disapointed with the chit pull that I sold it (and to tell the truth, i find that the Hoplite battles are very boring). Perhaps the chit pull works better with Charito of Fire but I don't own it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Morgan Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When I read the question in the header, I immediately thought SPQR or Alexander. Why? Same reasons Epa mentioned: the tactical choices you have to make.

Kris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.