Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Build upgrade

Gain one glory. If the upgrade is returned to the board, lose one glory.
You may return and exhaust an upgrade to the board to make room on a ship for a different one.

(This same rule applies to Build structures)

SO, if I exhaust an upgrade to make room for another one, do I lose a glory and then gain a glory for the new one - making it take one away, get one back
OR
is the exhaust free and I just gain one glory for the new upgrade or structure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In service to the Imperium of Man
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the glory as long as the upgrade is built in your province or ship. When you lose the upgrade (because you voluntarily returned it or it was destroyed for some reason) you lose the glory.

So in the case where you return an upgrade and immediately build a new one in its place, you lose one glory and immediately gain one glory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
You get the glory as long as the upgrade is built in your province or ship. When you lose the upgrade (because you voluntarily returned it or it was destroyed for some reason) you lose the glory.

So in the case where you return an upgrade and immediately build a new one in its place, you lose one glory and immediately gain one glory.

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

thanks to both of you

I guess if you could return it for free - you could just sit in the harbor and keep trading upgrades and glory points on every turn

thanks again, though, for the info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thomasrobb wrote:
Build upgrade

Gain one glory. If the upgrade is returned to the board, lose one glory.
You may return and exhaust an upgrade to the board to make room on a ship for a different one.

(This same rule applies to Build structures)

SO, if I exhaust an upgrade to make room for another one, do I lose a glory and then gain a glory for the new one - making it take one away, get one back
OR
is the exhaust free and I just gain one glory for the new upgrade or structure

While the above answers your question, I'll add an answer with a bit more wordiness, because it sounds like there's a little terminology confusion here:

In SeaFall, the term "exhaust" just means to flip the thing it face down. While face down, you still own that thing, but you can't make use of it until it is refreshed (turned face up again). For example, after you use an adviser, you exhaust it and can't use it again until after it is refreshed during the following winter. If a ship takes damage, you can chose to exhaust an upgrade in place of taking one damage card; you keep this upgrade but lose its benefits until it's refreshed (which requires a repair action).

You appear to be confusing this with the term "return" which means you lose the thing. For example, when a structure is successfully plundered during a province raid by another player, that structure is "returned" and "exhausted" -- you lose the structure, and it is placed face down on the sideboard. During the following winter, it is refreshed -- but it stays on the sideboard.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.