11 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Buy now or wait a month? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James C
msg tools
The game is on sale now (today only I believe ) at CSI.com

What do you guys think? Old version and save 25$ or wait for the new versions which doesn't have a price yet?

Ty for the help. This is THE game I have always wanted since starting my collection last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Blachek
United States
charlotte hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if it were me, i would wait. However, i havent spent any time determining how quickly the new edition willget sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
absolutely wait.

Just think of how much better losing will be on a brand board while learning to lose from a supposedly clearer rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slaybalj wrote:
if it were me, i would wait. However, i havent spent any time determining how quickly the new edition willget sold out.

Just pre-order from Portal when it becomes available. It will cost more than MM or CSI, but you're guaranteed to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or buy it now and get the voyage of the beagle expansion along with it (if it is approximately $25). At least that is the way my brain rationalizes things. Not sure how much better the new rulebook will be, but i found the rulebook, along with support on bgg for clarifications, manageable. Plus the beagle is great as well, although i have yet to make it past the third scenario. Either way, enjoy the game.

Edit: typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait.

Play someone elses.

THEN decide......there is no game per se with the current "rulebook" if the newer version actually has a clear enough rulebook to make a real game-try it out etc etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should snap it up! I love this game, find it a blast to play and tells a great story. For $25, it's a no brainer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Anness
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which art work do you prefer? I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to save $25 on an amazing game but if you like the box art of the new version more and your worried it might be better quality then wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark_Knight wrote:
if the newer version actually has a clear enough rulebook to make a real game-try it out etc etc...

It should, most of comprehensive FAQ informations were inserted into the new rulebook.

I also recommend to wait for this new version which will save you the (very big) comprehensive FAQ reading, and give you a cleaner game with more thematic components

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin Pastorius
United States
Great Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
I would wait, and I am waiting for the new version. I just preordered mine from Miniature Market yesterday. It's about $41 through them as opposed to the CSI sale of $54.99 for the older version. And it's going to have shaped resource tokens rather than the cubes that are in the older version. It seems like a good thing to wait for. Just an FYI here at the end: I've been wanting this game since I heard about it back in September of last year, and I'm waiting a little longer to get this new version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait. It's possible that the new version will make the game playable without having to rip out your hair. Or once it releases, we may learn that it's not that great of an edition and you can buy /trade for an old version with confidence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.