Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: New Vertical Dividers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Noonan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
So i use the hobby lobby artist's case, with both the broken token and go7 inserts(yes i now have 2 cases)

i was using Naked Gremlins awesome vertical dividers, but i was always having to cut them longer as with the cards sleeved w/ultra-pro sleeves they just weren't tall enough, which was leading me to have inconsistent heights which was bugging the CRAP out of my ocd.

so i figured I'd have a shot at designing my own. these are based off NG's basic design and they are a very rough first version, i haven't decided if i am going to add graphics to the meat of the cards yet or not. in this version they save a whole bunch of ink.

i have reversed the cutting guides as i would find that when i would cut them with a paper cutter i would inevitably cut off the guides i needed to cut them properly.

please let me know what you think, i hope to have all of them completed in the next week or so.

Thanks!

all dividers so far
knarfs-legendary-core-vertical-dividers
knarfs-legendary-dark-city-vertical-dividers
knarfs-legendary-fantastic-four-vertical-dividers
knarfs-legendary-Paint-The-Town-Red-vertical-dividers
knarfs-legendary-Villians-vertical-dividers
knarfs-legendary-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-vertical-dividers
knarfs-legendary-Fear-Itself-vertical-dividers
knarfs-legendary-Secret-Wars-v1-vertical-dividers
knarfs-legendary-Secret-Wars-v2-vertical-dividers
knarfs-legendary-Captain-America-75th-vertical-dividers
knarfs-legendary-Civil-War-vertical-dividers

Edit:added link for Paint The Town Red!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary
msg tools
I have been in the process of converting to vertical myself. I just purchased my second g07 insert after getting an extra base box from a friend so I am storing all of them in those two boxes. I was also using the other vertical dividers by NG and ran into the same issues. I am going to give these a go! They look good. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Noonan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
That's awesome, i just hooked up my go7 case last night and these dividers work great, i print on heavy card stock so they are more durable. the go7 case is miles better than the broken token version, makes me want to get a second insert for my other case lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary
msg tools
yea, I did a LOT of research first. I loved storing them horizontal because the dividers I was getting were very pretty but it just saves so much room going vertical. I was able to fit 1908 cards sleeved with ultra pro in one box with the g07 insert. I have plenty of room to grow with the two inserts now. I am looking forward to your other dividers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Noonan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm going to be working to get several more of the expansions done tonight and tomorrow (i hope)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary
msg tools
That will be awesome. I have all my supplies awaiting! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Noonan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
OK everything up except Paint The Town Red, i accidentally uploaded the wrong file, just waiting for the correct one to be approved by the mods!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary
msg tools
oh wow!!! I know what I will be doing this evening then!! Thank you! I am liking the way these look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mahoney jr
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
first i would like to commend you on your dividers. i do have some suggestions to improve on them however.
1. instead of the solid colors for some of the dividers, have the text be that color while the rest remains white, it will save on some ink.
2. i believe the shield officer and trooper should have the shield icon instead of the avengers icon.
3. create henchmen, villain, and mastermind cards to separate the 3 types of "enemies" or make that a part of the heading, for example doombot legion - henchmen, dr doom - mastermind, hydra - villain.
4. in the dark reign dividers professor x is misspelled.

again thank you for putting your time and effort into this, it will make set up go much faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Noonan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
H00513RD4DDY wrote:
first i would like to commend you on your dividers. i do have some suggestions to improve on them however.
1. instead of the solid colors for some of the dividers, have the text be that color while the rest remains white, it will save on some ink.

i was thinking of that, i may do that in a future update.
H00513RD4DDY wrote:
2. i believe the shield officer and trooper should have the shield icon instead of the avengers icon.

that has been fixed with the v.03 update available now
H00513RD4DDY wrote:
3. create henchmen, villain, and mastermind cards to separate the 3 types of "enemies" or make that a part of the heading, for example doombot legion - henchmen, dr doom - mastermind, hydra - villain.

thats kinda where i was going with the colors(shapelessy based on NG's dividers) blue for villian, green for henchmen, red for mastermind
H00513RD4DDY wrote:
4. in the dark reign dividers professor x is misspelled.

whoops, ill get on that right away!

H00513RD4DDY wrote:
again thank you for putting your time and effort into this, it will make set up go much faster.

Your welcome! i'm just glad others can benefit from my work =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary
msg tools
do you by any chance have the 3D cards? or could possibly make dividers for them? It is mainly just four dividers. Two heroes(Howard the Duck & Man Thing) and two henchman villains(Circus of Crime and Spider-Slayers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Noonan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'll see what I can do. I didn't do them because I do not have them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary
msg tools
cool! I only have a few of them. I did not bother with the sketch cards. I think NG has them so if you can't, I can just use those. I like yours better though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Noonan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Mareinc wrote:
cool! I only have a few of them. I did not bother with the sketch cards. I think NG has them so if you can't, I can just use those. I like yours better though!

i know it took FORVEVER(works been crazy) but the 3D card dividers are pending approval and i also submitted Deadpool dividers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary
msg tools
thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.