BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG@SEA

Subject: VOOM internet .. per person rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathalie Beaudoin
msg tools
mb
Hi

Anyone knows how this works.. is it actually a price per day for one device ? or you have several devices but one user ?

Doesn't make sense to me to pay per person..

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hadden
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Toot, toot!
badge
If all else fails...
mbmbmbmbmb
We found it all confusing as well. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in, but from what we have been able to gather you are not really paying for a device but for a login. If you pay for one device you can connect any number of devices, but only one at a time - one login.

Further, our understanding is that you are identified on the ship's intranet as the passenger (user) associated with that login. So the pay per person would make sense (beyond just than making more money) if you want to have it clear who is who.

If you only intend to use the service to connect to the internet off the ship, you might be fine with one login. We use the service to communicate with each other on the ship (my wife isn't a gamer), so we get one "device" each for two people.

I hope this helps, and more importantly I hope it is right.

Anyone know more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Bootstrap wrote:
We found it all confusing as well. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in, but from what we have been able to gather you are not really paying for a device but for a login. If you pay for one device you can connect any number of devices, but only one at a time - one login.

Further, our understanding is that you are identified on the ship's intranet as the passenger (user) associated with that login. So the pay per person would make sense (beyond just than making more money) if you want to have it clear who is who.

If you only intend to use the service to connect to the internet off the ship, you might be fine with one login. We use the service to communicate with each other on the ship (my wife isn't a gamer), so we get one "device" each for two people.

I hope this helps, and more importantly I hope it is right.

Anyone know more?

I don't know any more - this isn't the same package that was onboard last year. We got two devices each for two people - phone and laptop for both my wife and me since we have work to keep up with. We'll see how it works...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.