GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 114.72
44.1% of Goal | left
Here is my variant which tries to make solitaire/coop daughter auction more interesting. It also makes solitaire/coop game more difficult.
These rules replaces the 2nd bullet of D7:
1) In the beginning of the auction player(s) have to announce which vocal species is bidding (if any) and if it bids 1, 2 or 3 discs.
2) If the bid was 1 or 2 then roll a die to see if the species won the auction. If the bid was 1, then the auction is won on roll 1 or 2. If the bid was 2, then the auction is won on roll 1-4. If the bid was 3, then the auction is won automatically.
3) If the bid was not successful, any species may still bid 4 discs and win automatically. If no species bids, then discard the daughter card.
4) Species first in player order and the species benefiting from Caring woman's Empathy have a discount of 1 disc in the auction (both before and after the roll). The minimum bid is still 1 disc.
5) It is not needed to specify the disk color while bidding (alike in the original rules).
From gameplay mechanics, this simulates 4th species (Denisovans?), which is always second in player order (therefore item 4). If you bided 1 or 2 discs and the roll was unsuccessful, then this species bids 3 discs. But after that, you can still outbid them and win the auction.
From a thematic point of view, I prefer to think about this in another way. The bid shows how much is the species (and its vocabulary) focused on developing abilities represented by a daughter card. And this degree of focus determines a probability of their success.
Sorry for any language mistakes.
Any feedback will be very appreciated.
Chris van Someren
Great idea, I will definitely use this variant the next time I play.
That's great! Looking forward to hear what do you think about it once you played it.
- Last edited Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:31 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:29 am