Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player who has two single hideouts and only has 2 idk can they challenge you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Fulton
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as they have the money to cover the challenge before the steal they can challenge. If they don't have the money to pay afterwards, that means they didn't have anything to lose by challenging.

The timing of the choice to play the informant is important. You want to do it when it is most lucrative if possible.

One other thing to note, whenever a player has no money, or not enough money to cover the cost of losing a challenge, they may not challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacksmack wrote:
As long as they have the money to cover the challenge before the steal they can challenge. If they don't have the money to pay afterwards, that means they didn't have anything to lose by challenging.

The timing of the choice to play the informant is important. You want to do it when it is most lucrative if possible.

One other thing to note, whenever a player has no money, or not enough money to cover the cost of losing a challenge, they may not challenge.

I am sorry but it looks like your first sentence contradicts your last sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bua
United States
Flushing
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really understand this card. Why wouldn't anyone NOT challenge? What do they have to loose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbua wrote:
I don't really understand this card. Why wouldn't anyone NOT challenge? What do they have to loose?

They pay an additional 2 money plus what they have to pay which is 1 per single person in their hideouts if it is an Informant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Snyder
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
BigMacRepair wrote:
jbua wrote:

They pay an additional 2 money plus what they have to pay which is 1 per single person in their hideouts if it is an Informant.

Is this written in the rules? My group and I couldn't find anything on the Informant, so we just made up a house rule during our first game. I like the idea of a greater penalty, because that keeps the challenges in check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also if it isn't an Informant and you challenge, you get to use the card text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald

San Diego
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jacksmack wrote:

It would be great if the rules were clear about this. We actually played it the opposite way where you could always challenge regardless of your coffers. This was one way of deterring the Informant getting played over and over. But like you said, you want to optimize the Informants payout, so you're only going to play it when you know everyone can pay up anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Dean
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of this stuff is covered in the Grifter Promos Rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.