Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Archmage Lurhem
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi,

Just to be sure...
Direct Hit says:
Play this card with a phasers card to destroy the target.

I guess you MUST play a phaser card with the appropriate side and row corresponding to the target. Not any one phaser card.

One more question:
You need in Journey to Babel mission to destroy an Orion ship. Can you use a Direct Hit Card to destroy this ship?

As an observation:
With a Direct Hit card and a security team card already in your hands when you get Journey to Babel; this mission can become really easy.

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds correct to me. Many of the missions are situationally easy of hard. I've had the same mission fall and resolve early depending on if we had the right faction cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording of the Direct Hit card says it can destroy a "target", so yes, I believe that would include the Orion ship. If it said "threat", it would not.

And yes, the missions can be swingy. If you have the right cards, or if the Enterprise happens to be in the perfect position, or if you have the perfect role, or if the necessary threat is already out on the board, or if you have the perfect cards already in hand, they can be super easy. Or, lacking those conditions, they can be impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.