Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry if this has been addressed but I haven't found it.

If I use hegemony to take over a warp capable world, the rules say I take control. In the example of using hegemony to take over an opponents world, I replace his colony with mine. However it doesn't show that in the warp capable example. Is 'take control' and 'colonize' the same thing in this case? Should I place a colony if I take control of a warp capable system with hegemony?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
twthomas wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been addressed but I haven't found it.

If I use hegemony to take over a warp capable world, the rules say I take control. In the example of using hegemony to take over an opponents world, I replace his colony with mine. However it doesn't show that in the warp capable example. Is 'take control' and 'colonize' the same thing in this case? Should I place a colony if I take control of a warp capable system with hegemony?

1 culture to attempt hegemony.
1 culture to then place your control node.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"Colonizing" a planet and using "hegemony" are not the same thing. They don't even take place in the same phase of the game. But they both result in you "taking control" of a system, which is indicated by placing one of your control nodes on the planet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. So I will play where when I attempt cultural hegemony and succeed, regardless, I will place my own control node on the planet by using an additional culture token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
twthomas wrote:
Thanks for the reply. So I will play where when I attempt cultural hegemony and succeed, regardless, I will place my own control node on the planet by using an additional culture token.

Yes, that's how hegemony works. You can use hegemony on any warp-capable civilization, or another player's system.

Colonization requires a pre-warp civilization or a virgin world (and the Federation can't colonize pre-warp civilizations).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.