Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With each passing update, I get more excited to see Tau Ceti ship. I'm what I call a solo+ player. I have two pretty regular game groups (1 big public one with 15-20 and a smaller group of 4-5) that allows me to game about once per week. I also have 2 budding gamers ages 8 and 11 at home who like to play with me from time to time.

In between those plays though, I really enjoy solo gaming. I received my Scythe KS last month and have played it nearly 20 times. Of those plays, 5 or 6 have been with my groups and the rest have been against the Automa. I LOVE this game because I can have an awesome play experience no matter when I want to play it. I actually played it every day for almost two weeks when I received it, something I could never do without the solo variant.

Tau Ceti is giving me that same vibe. Just like some of my favorites like Scythe, Race for the Galaxy and Viticulture, the solo mode isn't tacked on. It's a thoughtful, meaningful part of the game that offers a fair challenge against a simulated opponent. I can't wait to get Tau Ceti to the table with my friends, it's going to be a blast. I'm also super excited that I won't have to wait for game night to play it.

Here's to another game to add to my top solo+ list, it can't get here soon enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason,

Thank you for your post! I, too, love Race for the Galaxy, Scythe, and Viticulture, though admittedly, RftG is murderous in solo mode.

We're excited about the solo mode in TAU CETI, because like many of its historical, cooperative predecessors, you don't have to worry about competing totally against the other factions.

We hope to have a copy next month and if possible I'll make a video of gameplay. At the least, I'll record a game with plenty of in-game pics.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason

It's great to hear that you're enjoying Scythe and the Automa.

I'm also looking forward to Tau Ceti arriving at my door .

Cheers
- Morten

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Strickland
United States
Estero
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason,

I am excited for you to play the solo variant for Tau Ceti! Thanks for your comments, and it's a complete honor to see Scythe and Tau Ceti in the same sentence. I was able to get a solo game of Scythe in before I began packing up for my big move earlier this month, and I thoroughly enjoyed it as well. I can't wait to unpack it and get it on my table again!

As Joe mentioned, we should have the sample copy in our hands very soon, and then production will start soon after. So far, we're still on schedule for a November delivery

Morten,

Thank you as well for the very nice comment, and I'll look forward to any feedback you have once you have time to play the solo variant.

Cheers,

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.