Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the elemental expansion, it says "the token for a spell suit elemental may be used once per spell to.."

Do you put the token on the card to represent you used it for that round? (Returning it to you when the round is over)

Or can you use the token ability for every card you play, assuming the conditions are meet.

If someone started with say frost and later on a player uses the blades elemental to resonate a blades card, does that change the spell rank needed for the whole round to be lower than the previously played card? (In this case, the blades card)

What if both blades and fireball were resonated in a round, is the final damage +3?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
GREAT question!
I have no idea...but would also like to +1 this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
frotes wrote:
Using the elemental expansion, it says "the token for a spell suit elemental may be used once per spell to.."

Do you put the token on the card to represent you used it for that round? (Returning it to you when the round is over)

Yes, place the Elemental token on the card you are affecting.

frotes wrote:
Or can you use the token ability for every card you play, assuming the conditions are meet.

You may only use it once per Spell on one card, not every card you play.

frotes wrote:
If someone started with say frost and later on a player uses the blades elemental to resonate a blades card, does that change the spell rank needed for the whole round to be lower than the previously played card? (In this case, the blades card)

The Blades Elemental (token) is changing the Blades card you played (in this example) into a Frost. As with normal rules, when you Resonate, you place a Shard on the card and may use the power of the led suit (with the Caster token on it).

frotes wrote:
What if both blades and fireball were resonated in a round, is the final damage +3?

The +X Damage would be determined by the led suit (with the Caster token on it), not for both Blades and Fireball.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see.

So resonating with a spell doesn't mean you get the spell power of the card you played. You get the spell power of the starting caster spell (the one with the token)

Ps. I think it's a bit confusing at times when Spell & Round are almost used interchangeably. Also I tend to think of all the cards I play as spells but sometimes the rule book refers to "Spell" as the caster spell

Terms:
Round - where each player takes turns casting a spell
Caster Spell - the starting spell for the round, indicated by the blue caster token
Spell card - cards played during the round, used to continue the round

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
So if I'm following this ...
Using an elemental token basically gives you a shard for 1 turn in a round when you don't have ANY cards that match the caster's suit and hence triggers the caster's "effect" right?

On your next turn, you would essentially have no more cards that match the caster's suit correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Sronce
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Skrell wrote:
So if I'm following this ...
Using an elemental token basically gives you a shard for 1 turn in a round when you don't have ANY cards that match the caster's suit and hence triggers the caster's "effect" right?

On your next turn, you would essentially have no more cards that match the caster's suit correct?

Not quite.

Each of the standard Elementals has two possible uses.

Let's say that I have the Quake elemental and I'm also Caster. If I want to lead a Quake spell but don't have one, I could take any numbered card from my hand and use the Quake Token to turn it into a Quake spell. Or if an opponent leads Quake and I have a playable Lightning card, I could use the Elemental's token to turn it into a Quake card and thus get to add a shard to it.

The other use is if your element ISN'T active. For example, if I have the Quake Elemental but someone else leads Lightning, I could play an actual Quake card and then use the Elemental's token to let me add a Shard to the Quake card. It doesn't count as Lightning, but it does increase the damage and becomes a potential victory point for me because of the Shard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorKiz wrote:

The other use is if your element ISN'T active. For example, if I have the Quake Elemental but someone else leads Lightning, I could play an actual Quake card and then use the Elemental's token to let me add a Shard to the Quake card. It doesn't count as Lightning, but it does increase the damage and becomes a potential victory point for me because of the Shard.

You get the shard and the power of the led suit right?

isaiasvallejo42 wrote:

frotes wrote:

The Blades Elemental (token) is changing the Blades card you played (in this example) into a Frost. As with normal rules, when you Resonate, you place a Shard on the card and may use the power of the led suit (with the Caster token on it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Sronce
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
By the rules it's a little questionable (you Resonate with Lightning, but the spell effect says play a Lightning, does that count?) but I think it should. Gives a little advantage to having one of the Elementals whose element doesn't give a per-play bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.