Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was wondering about this because a friend mentioned "sets" and I know the shipyard or whatever it is came as a 1x from the Dice Tower, not sure of the others. Are these supposed to be used as like 3x or more or just the one copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about the promos from Dice Tower or BGG, but I know I had received (and we gave out at Origins and GenCon) a small pack with purchase that had several copies of 3-4 different cards. They're intended to all be shuffled into the main deck.

Of note, I believe Crossroads started introducing rules suggesting you generate a set with so many different types of victory, create, military, etc. types of locations, but I'm pretty sure it intends for you to use all of the individual cards selected. (ie. if you pick Game Store, add all of your Game Store cards into the mix.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the expansions there are rules for integrating the new cards in the game. There are 3 ways to do this, one of them being "just shuffle everything in" (the quickest way).

The most common one would be to to shuffle the locations of every type together and just draw 15 of each (randomly).

The last way is to choose 5 cards per location type and add all 3 copies of each card in the deck (getting once again to 60 cards). This is the most strategic/competitive one since the players know exactly what is in the deck and how many times, so they can play accordingly.

Out of these 3 ways, the first 2 don't care how many copies of each card are in the mix. For the third way however, you should have 3 copies of each card necessarily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Fuss
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lonadar wrote:
Not sure about the promos from Dice Tower or BGG, but I know I had received (and we gave out at Origins and GenCon) a small pack with purchase that had several copies of 3-4 different cards. They're intended to all be shuffled into the main deck.

When BGG had the Embassy, there were 3 Embassy cards in the pack. Dice Tower gave 1 Shipwright card with their latest Kickstarter promo pack offering. When I bought Crossroads from AEG at GenCon, they didn't have the promo cards on Thursday, and said to come back on Friday and they one gave out 1 each of Embassy, Shipwright, Game Store and Scrap Builder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Del Arroz
United States
Danville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They were handing out promo packs at gencon? I bought Crossroads but didn't get one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Fuss
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
otomo jon wrote:
They were handing out promo packs at gencon? I bought Crossroads but didn't get one

I had to ask for them, as they weren't exactly handing them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, you were supposed to get one with every Dice City purchase, but there were times it just got a bit frantic at the booth and they may not have thought of it. I don't know if contacting Customer Service would do anything at this point (because I'm potentially opening the floodgates here - to be clear, it was just something special they were doing; the packs are not intentionally part of any one Dice City product).

Rick, it really only had one each of each of the cards? The packs looked the same as mine, and mine had 3ish copies of each of the 4 cards you mentioned. I admit I never actually opened one of the con-packs to confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Fuss
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lonadar wrote:

Rick, it really only had one each of each of the cards? The packs looked the same as mine, and mine had 3ish copies of each of the 4 cards you mentioned. I admit I never actually opened one of the con-packs to confirm.

Victor, I was not given a pack. Instead, they guy working at the AEG booth went in and opened up a pack and took out one of each card and handed me a set of the 4 cards. Each pack did have multiples of each card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.