Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like the next expansion has been available for preorder for over a year, is it vaporware or is there word it's coming soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last expansion was similar. I would bet it still comes out given the fact that they just released a second character pack (meaning they are still supporting the game). I do think catalyst has under served this game. I feel they could have increased sales if their support / expansion schedule would be a bit faster. It would keep SC on top of everyone's playing pile vs the bottom and thus would have a higher chance to expand to new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meyer
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Shadowrun Crossfire: Character Expansion Pack 2 - Street Legends is now available from your FLGE if they order through Alliance distribution and is ready to ship at Miniature Market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tekwych wrote:
Shadowrun Crossfire: Character Expansion Pack 2 - Street Legends is now available from your FLGE if they order through Alliance distribution and is ready to ship at Miniature Market

Unfortunately the character packs are not really 'expansions' - they only add character cards with the same stats and duplicate stickers.

Looking back at HCO, people only got wind of it actually being released when Catalyst posted pictures of the finished product on social media. It was out only a few weeks later. Sadly we may be waiting a while.
I understand their reasons to some extent, they don't want to make commitments to products only to have them delayed or cancelled, but at least SOME idea they were still supporting the game would be nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm referring to real expansions like High Caliber Ops, not sticker/basic card packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
They really should just call those "reloads" or something. "Character Expansion" they are not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh L
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Miniature Market and Cardhaus the Corporate Raid expansion should be released by the end of the month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
restlessavenger wrote:
According to Miniature Market and Cardhaus the Corporate Raid expansion should be released by the end of the month.

Most interesting!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
theflan045 wrote:
restlessavenger wrote:

Most interesting!!!

I wouldn't get too excited. High Caliber Ops blew through three or four ETAs before it was actually released and I think corporate raid went up for preorder around the same time as HCO.

Hate to be a Debbie downer, but I'll believe it when I see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theflan045 wrote:
restlessavenger wrote:

Most interesting!!!

Not to dash your hopes, but this has been mentioned before. Eg on this thread in February, MM said corporate raid would be released in March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
theflan045 wrote:
restlessavenger wrote:

Most interesting!!!

I wouldn't get too excited. High Caliber Ops blew through three or four ETAs before it was actually released and I think corporate raid went up for preorder around the same time as HCO.

Hate to be a Debbie downer, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Sad to say, I totally agree. We have been promised this pack a long long time. We have seen nothing on the Corporate Raid expansion so far. We got some info such as art on HCO a few months before it was released. It could be months before we actually see Corporate Raid expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thorsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it even confirmed that there will be an expansion called Corporate Raid? The entry/pre-order has been around long before there even was talk of High-Caliber Ops...

Just saying, when was the last time we heard anything offical in connection to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cybarite wrote:
Is it even confirmed that there will be an expansion called Corporate Raid? The entry/pre-order has been around long before there even was talk of High-Caliber Ops...

Just saying, when was the last time we heard anything offical in connection to it?

Yeah I have a feeling (completely unsupported by anything) that HCO was a rename of Corporate Raid and the old entry is just hanging around the interwebs.

If anyone has info to the contrary, I'd be happy to hear it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thorsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cafin8d wrote:
Cybarite wrote:

Yeah I have a feeling (completely unsupported by anything) that HCO was a rename of Corporate Raid and the old entry is just hanging around the interwebs.

If anyone has info to the contrary, I'd be happy to hear it.

My feeling exactly! Nevertheless I find myself haning around forums looking for proof that the feeling is wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Schneider
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hi All,

I'm authorized to speak but to say very little about future content. How about simply that I and a team are doing things on Crossfire and please read my title. Hopefully this accomplishes my goal of both saying nothing officially and answering your questions.

Jay Schneider
Design Producer
Shadowrun Crossfire
for Fire Opal Media, Inc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geeborg wrote:
Hi All,

I'm authorized to speak but to say very little about future content. How about simply that I and a team are doing things on Crossfire and please read my title. Hopefully this accomplishes my goal of both saying nothing officially and answering your questions.

Jay Schneider
Design Producer
Shadowrun Crossfire

*nods*

Much appreciated & eagerly waiting (patiently).

Shadowrun Crossfire is a game criminally under appreciated, but with a dedicated following. It's the only game I have over 75 plays of that didn't also have a tournament/organized play scene.

I look forward snapping up any new content released, no matter how long it takes to release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL... well played sir. I look forward to not hearing anything from you in the future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
Geeborg wrote:
Hi All,

Jay Schneider
Design Producer
Shadowrun Crossfire

*nods*

Much appreciated & eagerly waiting (patiently).

Shadowrun Crossfire is a game criminally under appreciated, but with a dedicated following. It's the only game I have over 75 plays of that didn't also have a tournament/organized play scene.

I look forward snapping up any new content released, no matter how long it takes to release.

I agree 1000% Looking forward to new content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowrun Crossfire is a brilliant game that deserves way more support. Lots of gamers were scared off by the difficulty, but now that easier scenarios are out there this game needs more official support to put it back on everyone's radar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Schneider
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks for your kind words. They're appreciated and I'll pass them on.

-Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone I've introduced Shadowrun Crossfire to (via the Ancients intro scenario) has instantly become addicted to it. I'm blown away by how good it is, and how many gamers have ignored it based on it's initial difficulty when it first came out. Most of the people I've introduced it to had no prior knowledge of the Shadowrun universe, and now they're seeking out the RPG and novels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
Geeborg wrote:
Hi All,

Jay Schneider
Design Producer
Shadowrun Crossfire

haha, appreciate it, but "are doing things" can be interpreted many, many ways
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Everyone I've introduced Shadowrun Crossfire to (via the Ancients intro scenario) has instantly become addicted to it. I'm blown away by how good it is, and how many gamers have ignored it based on it's initial difficulty when it first came out. Most of the people I've introduced it to had no prior knowledge of the Shadowrun universe, and now they're seeking out the RPG and novels.

I am equally blown away. Only got it on Friday, think I purchased the last remaining copy in the UK. Feeling so lucky that I found one as I have played this game for hours and hours this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meyer
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
From CGL:
[quote]Catalyst Game Labs: Not at all! We're working on both a new print run of the base game and a new expansion to follow on the heels of the High Caliber Ops expansion that came out last summer. Glad you're enjoying the game! jmh
1 · November 21 at 9:58am

Catalyst Game Labs: Awesome! We are definitely at work on it--plots for a campaign have been drawn up, rules are being designed, art is being planned--the whole deal! jmh[/quote]
That is signed Jason Hardy, Shadowrun Line Developer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Tsekos

Kalamata and/or Athens
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tekwych wrote:
plots for a campaign have been drawn up

Even the missions that we have can be a campain in a way, a "real" campaign of this game would be so much closer to a real RPG experience. Now i will be even more driven to level up !!!

tekwych wrote:
rules are being designed, art is being planned
That is signed Jason Hardy, Shadowrun Line Developer

More rules and more art ofcourse is what we want

I wish this is just a start of a beautiful game !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.