Subject: Who gets to be the New Mission Leader? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ethan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
So the rules don't appear to specify who gets to be the new Mission Leader after a mission. It simply says "moves to the next player" which is pretty vague. Does that simply mean the person sitting next to you? If so, the rules should say the player to your right if that what was intended.

A couple of better options would have been the player with the least support, or the player who gave the most support, or the last player to withdraw....or next least hairy player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does simply mean next player to your left.

Perhaps the translation didn't work out perfectly.

I always go with the easiest interpretation of a rule that isn't 100% specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Duisburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And of course this phrasing allows you to play counter-clockwise if you prefer. The token just moves in the same direction as you play during the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules do specify (on page 6) that play is clockwise.

I agree that, in most games in which a start-player token moves to the "next player" at the end of a turn, the intent is for it to move to the player would be next (after the current holder of the token) in order of play.

I think that it is unusual for a game that initially assigns the token based on some criterion unrelated to game play (e.g., player age) to rotate on later turns following that same criterion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.