Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mench
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wenn es Ihnen nix ausmacht, bitte hören Sie mir zu. Meine Damen und Herren, nun kommen wir schnell zum ende unsere Zeit hier in Deutschland stationiert sind, und hoffen das wir Sie in diese hektischen zeit ein kleines bisschen Menchliche (ohne S!) stimmung versetzen konnten.

What a wonderful 4 years here! Beautiful people, food... And beer. Wine too! I came with Ticket to Ride and leave with nearly 150 games and lots of memories. Including, but not limited to, my German gaming group who were always willing to send me the rules in English before our games and their friendship. My FLGS in Kaiserslautern where I spent most of my TDY leftover money. My altstadt walks in every town I visited looking for the perfect pastry and local game store. Driving 140mph on the highway... Cars still passing only on the left... And waiting for the red man to turn green even when no traffic was on the street!

I'll change my flag I proudly flew here in a few hours as I fly back to the States.

Going to miss it here!

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck back home and all the best! =)

If I may ask: where are you going to now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We head to Washington DC now. I was stationed there back in 2000-2004. Oh... And the NO HONKING! Gonna miss that too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it!
badge
Enjoy... LIFE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to hear how you love Germany
All the best to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Aachen
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see that you have been welcomed appropriately here.

Hope to see you soon. You know, moving here is always an option

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Pretoria
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainMench wrote:
And waiting for the red man to turn green even when no traffic was on the street!

That was exactly my experience, too! The only people that ignored the red man were us "foreigners" (usually the English and us ex-colonials)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great that you had a good time here. You can surely come back

gamesbook wrote:
CaptainMench wrote:
And waiting for the red man to turn green even when no traffic was on the street!

That was exactly my experience, too! The only people that ignored the red man were us "foreigners" (usually the English and us ex-colonials)!

It's not only you, but I do that as well if I'm not in a hurry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rietveld
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainMench wrote:
I came with Ticket to Ride and leave with nearly 150 games and lots of memories. Including, but not limited to, my German gaming group...

Lucky guy! I've moved several times, and not once has my current group come with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rundles
United States
Mattoon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool cool. Kaiserslautern is an awesome city. Was stationed there at Rhine Ordinance Barracks for 3.5 years. If I knew German I would consider moving back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne Hoffmann
Germany
Essenbach
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainMench wrote:
We head to Washington DC now. I was stationed there back in 2000-2004. Oh... And the NO HONKING! Gonna miss that too!

Hey, I am currently in D.C. (Arlington to be honest). But leaving again tomorrow at the end of a Business trip.

Sounds like you had a great 4 years and I wish for you that those happy memories stay around for a Long time and are partnered with new ones back in your home Country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, it's good to know that you had a good time here

And thank's for your service here...unfortunately the cold war seems to be a little back in Europe these days
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Müller
Germany
Sprockhövel
flag msg tools
mb
Wish you the best back home.

Nice to know what you did like in germany and that you go home with a smile when thinking about germany An of course you've got alot of souveniers (games)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.