Subject: Stature vs Dark Reign Scheme rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a couple of questions re how Stature interacts with this Scheme:

1) Some of her cards let you defeat weak villains for free. Am I correct to assume this by-passes SHIELD clearance which is a fight restriction?

2) Stature's rare, Trample the Tiny, lets you defeat all Villains with 4 attack or less. Would this include the Officers stacked next to the Mastermind? I reasoned yes, because the Scheme calls them Villains and Stature's card wording is not limited to the city, presumably so it can still get fortifying villains like squirrel girl or iron spider, but think that would include these SHIELD officers too
(it was awesome, removed a stack of like 6 officers in one go, still didn't help me win but awesome nonetheless...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
dontfeedthegreen wrote:
I had a couple of questions re how Stature interacts with this Scheme:

1) Some of her cards let you defeat weak villains for free. Am I correct to assume this by-passes SHIELD clearance which is a fight restriction?

Until I see something official that says otherwise I side with saying that SHIELD clearance is a fight restriction, and that the normal rules for defeat from dark city are still in play: so yes defeat bypasses SHIELD clearance.

Quote:
2) Stature's rare, Trample the Tiny, lets you defeat all Villains with 4 attack or less. Would this include the Officers stacked next to the Mastermind? I reasoned yes, because the Scheme calls them Villains and Stature's card wording is not limited to the city, presumably so it can still get fortifying villains like squirrel girl or iron spider, but think that would include these SHIELD officers too
(it was awesome, removed a stack of like 6 officers in one go, still didn't help me win but awesome nonetheless...)

I'd likewise say that without the "in the city" restriction, it applies to any villain fightable at the moment the card is played. (So if something has reveal the top of the villain deck that allows you to fight it, or a bunch of bystanders are goblin villain... but if a weak enemy is protected by a fortify effect: then the fortify must be done first). Although I guess fortify is a restriction as well.

It is probably time for UD to release a new FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.