47.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is part 2 continuing my campaign. After reading my write up my buddy wanted to do one for mission two. Hope you guys enjoy.

After a tough defeat in the jungles of Yavin-4, the rebel team regrouped in the medical wing of Mon Motha’s Mon Calamari Cruiser. Jyn and Diala looked at each other, concerned, as they gathered around Mak’s Bacta tank. Gaarkhan had a resolute look, standing steadfastly at the doorway to the room, when a familiar voice bellowed out.

“Cheer up fuzzball. After I tune up the Falcon, we’ll be on our way to Corellia. I’ve got to deliver some pay back this Imperial Officer who cost me a lot of money on a prior run. Mak will be up and ready in no time and we have lots of work to do,” said the hero of the rebellion Han Solo.

After exchanging pleasantries and gearing up the Falcon, the team made its way to a dusky outpost on Corellia. Upon landing, the bric-a-brac of a junk yard surrounded the team’s landing zone next to a small office building. In the distance, an Imperial Shuttle could be seen.

“That son-of-a.... Let’s make our way over there,” whispered Han as he pointed towards the shuttle.

Gaarkhan, unfazed from his prior experience made his way towards the familiar beeps on the east side of the building. Pressing his luck, he charged the probe droid with ill intentions. Putting a dent in the machine with enough force to kill most men, Gaarkhan stepped back in confusion when the same results of his machine destruction on Yavin-4 were not repeated. Gaarkhan was soon joined by Diala, who sensed that her friend was in more danger than expected. The infernal machine returned fire towards the valiant Wookie and proceeded to double back towards the back wall of the office building.

Back in the office building, the gunner/bodyguard team was greeted by advancing storm troopers from the south entrance. The first storm trooper was able to land a few, select grazing shots at the team. Startled by the surprise attack, Jyn was unable to return fire, at first, due to a malfunctioning targeting interpreter on her gun. When the second trooper approached, Jyn was able to scatter a few shots that unfortunately landed short of her target. Mak careened forward in hot pursuit of the storm trooper squad, who ducked behind cover. Regrouping, Jyn found a grenade, conveniently in a nearby chest.

The full group quickly dispatched of the trooper squad, staved off the modified probe droid and was beginning to approach the E-Web Engineer engineer that was stationed by the Imperial Shuttle’s hangar door. Han Solo, now at the fore of the group, placed his final two shots in the trooper manning the turret when he heard the familiar war cries in the Trandoshan tongue. Behind the spire in the center of the junkyard, Han felt traces shell shock as he saw the large Wookie Gaarkhan crumple to the ground. Sensing this pain from seeing a figure, so similar to his best friend, fall, caused a momentary rise in anger as he thought about rushing back to his newly found, fallen friend. The comrades that joined him, on this mission, urged him to press forward, assuring him that Gaarkhan would be alright.

Approaching the Imperial Shuttle Hangar door, and with assurance that his team was qualified to handle the threat behind him, Solo slid his key card through the hangar door’s security slot. Thankful that his swiped keycard work, Han entered the threshold of the hangar door.

“Greetings, Solo. Too bad our pleasantries will have to be short,” Imperial officer Gerrin smirked out as he ordered a group of two Trandoshan bounty hunters towards the rebel hero.

Mak, still struggling with wounds from the prior battle entered the hangar area with determination. The Rogue agent was able to fire a few well-placed shots at officer Gerrin who scowled in anger. A quick firefight between the Trandoshan’s and Han left the rebel team with dire concerns that losing Han Solo would be a very real possibility. Steeling herself with resolve, Jyn armed the grenade that she found earlier, causing Gerrin to duck behind the Imperial Shuttle in a mix of cowardice, hurt and self-preservation. Jyn was able to place the final shot in the head of the Imperial Officer as the rebel team regrouped and hastily made their exit towards the Falcon.

Solo, immensely grateful for the assistance of the matter of dispatching Gerrin, pledged his loyalty, to the cause of this ambitious team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Re: Sorry for the mess battle report/story *light spoilers*
Great Work my friend, Check out the Knights of the Old Republic expansion ideas forum, maybe drop us some writing ideas for missions card text etc.
WRITE MORE!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ShamanGamble wrote:
Great Work my friend, Check out the Knights of the Old Republic expansion ideas forum, maybe drop us some writing ideas for missions card text etc.
WRITE MORE!

Haha I didn't write this one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.