United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Its almost irrelevent as I will be sticking the little guys onto clear bases, but I played for the first time last night and tried to stick the monster tokens into a couple of the bases. Its such a tight fit most of them got 2/3rds of the way in and jammed. Not sure I'll be able to get them in or out now. Anyone else come across this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they are quite a tight fit. I used the narrow end of a metal ruler to gently push them into place. They do need to 'lock' into position, such that the number are clearly visible (obviously).
Good luck with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had to trim one and then use a the flat side of a fork for some others... got some flat feet going on, but s'all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not experience any problems with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The bases are complete shit. There's tons of flash all over the things, inside and out. That's why the tokens get ruined when you try to get them in.

All of mine were full of flash or literally broken. I requested new ones from Asmodee weeks ago; of course they never replied.

I am SUPER disappointed in the minis for this game. They aren't even as good as the first game and the first game's weren't THAT great to begin with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Leo
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I only had issues getting mine the last little bit in. I used the proof of purchase bit to push them the rest of the way. Word of advice, though: just don't even bother. I think the tokens work better if you use them to mimic the "monster drawer" in the app: just set them out front where you can see the stats when you place a monster, and remove them when you kill the monster.

I regret putting mine in the bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I had good luck using both thumbs to work them in and out. It takes a good bit of effort, though. Before you do that, however, trim any excess flashing--unless you want your tokens mutilated.

That said, I recommend finding different bases. I use the Litko acrylic ones (clear). Those gigantic black bases that FFG provide are horrible ... they cheapen the game exponentially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kryzch
United States
La Crosse
WI
flag msg tools
mbmb
Drpretorios wrote:
I had good luck using both thumbs to work them in and out. It takes a good bit of effort, though. Before you do that, however, trim any excess flashing--unless you want your tokens mutilated.

That said, I recommend finding different bases. I use the Litko acrylic ones (clear). Those gigantic black bases that FFG provide are horrible ... they cheapen the game exponentially.

Thanks for the recommendation! What size bases did you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use extra bases from first edition and expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Earle
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a hard time getting the monsters on the bases and to stay on the bases. I used the flat edge of a letter opener to push the "cards" into the base as they are a tight fit. Now I somewhat regret I did all this. I am thinking about removing the monsters from the bases, clipping off the foot peg and gluing them to other bases (smaller ones). Then somehow getting those tight fitting "cards" out of the bases (which means I'll probably have to ruin them to do it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cut off a piece of the leftover punch-out cardboard and used it to help push in the tiles that last little bit.

It worked fine and I didn't mess up any of the tiles but now I'm probably going to just glue the minis onto clear bases like a lot of other people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis - Personal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quality of the plastic in this game is atrocious.

I don't mind paying a premium price for high quality. I purchased Kingdom Death Monster at retail.

But $100 for this is insane.

A bunch of monster chits got totally mutilated trying to slot them into the bases. If I could ever remove them - a nearly impossible task - they will most likely be so damaged as to be unusable. The bases have all kinds of flashing on and in them. And, finally, the minis themselves are cheap, wobbly plastic with low detail.

Is this what we're going to get after they decide to make us pay more for their games?

I've sent a request to Asmodee asking for all new monster chits - I'll keep them out of the bases this time.

Really disappointed by this, especially since the game itself is so good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Kyuss242 wrote:
Drpretorios wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation! What size bases did you use?

Someone has posted a thread indicating the original base sizes, but I'm going to provide mine, as I chose to be quite a bit stingier.

Cultist, Priest of Dagon - 25mm

Child of Dagon, Deep One Hybrid, Ghost - 32mm (if you want to be even stingier, these will all fit on 25mm bases)

Deep One, Haunting Horror, Riot - 40mm

Star Spawn - 60mm (I didn't base mine, though; each figure is pretty stable)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.