$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 124.88

7,445 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
46.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Lords of Vegas» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tied casino ownership re-rolls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Guest
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The rules state that if any action leaves a casino tied between two (or more) bosses then the tied dice are re-rolled.

During step one it is possible to gain a die in a casino if the card drawn indicates a location where your opponent already has a die. It can happen, as it did for us yesterday, that that die becomes a tied for boss die. Are the dice re-rolled at that point? We ruled yes, it seemed sensible and avoided a tied casino for scoring.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that situation can never happen, as you can never have two dice tied for boss, even if you own both. There must always be one outright boss in the casino.

Therefore, even if you take over someone else's dice, it can't suddenly be a tie at that point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can have more than one die of one player's tied for lead. Rules state:

If all of the tied dice belong to the same player, no reroll takes place. If the values of the tied dice are not the largest in the casino, no reroll
takes place.

So, say I have 2 6's in my casino. Another player manages to connect and remodel to connect their 6 to my casino. All three 6's will be re-rolled. If they roll a 2 and I roll 2 5's, the two 5's stay, since they both belong to me. In that same example, if someone else in the casino had a 5, all three 5's would once again be re-rolled to determine the boss.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, as for the original question, I'm assuming you're referring to an event where someone has sprawled and another player draws the card that gives them ownership of that space. And yes, as soon as something changes that triggers tied dice for boss, then the dice are re-rolled.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhhh my mistake in that case. I thought you always needed an outright leader.

Not great play, having a sprawled die being a tied boss.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
losfp wrote:
Ahhhhh my mistake in that case. I thought you always needed an outright leader.

Not great play, having a sprawled die being a tied boss.
\

Well, you do need an outright leader but if you're the leader, it doesn't matter how many dice are tied as long as they're all yours.

Sprawls are risky plays. but since 25% of the spaces are never used, there's a chance that space won't come up at all. And of that 75% that are used, there's a 1/4 chance of those in a 4 player that you'll get the lot yourself. But the risk that you'll lose that space can be made up for if you use it right.

For example, the casino a couple spaces away is run by a 4. You have a 6 in your casino. If you sprawl the space that separates them, now you own both (or then remodel to match the other one and merge them). Yes, you may lose that one spot, but you just added a large chunk to the size of a casino you control for more points while also making it more expensive to reorganize the whole thing.

As long as that sprawl isn't the top die in the casino, even if you lose that one space, the risk would have already paid off and not likely to make you sad you lost it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Roskam
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
losfp wrote:
Ahhhhh my mistake in that case. I thought you always needed an outright leader.

Not great play, having a sprawled die being a tied boss.


Actually, that can be a great play, if it gets you into the running to be boss of a casino large enough to score.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mwroskam wrote:
losfp wrote:
Ahhhhh my mistake in that case. I thought you always needed an outright leader.

Not great play, having a sprawled die being a tied boss.


Actually, that can be a great play, if it gets you into the running to be boss of a casino large enough to score.


What I mean is, it's not great play to leave yourself in the position that you place a high die in a sprawled space where it would force a reroll or outright take over your casino if someone else were to claim it via the draw.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
losfp wrote:
Mwroskam wrote:
losfp wrote:
Ahhhhh my mistake in that case. I thought you always needed an outright leader.

Not great play, having a sprawled die being a tied boss.


Actually, that can be a great play, if it gets you into the running to be boss of a casino large enough to score.


What I mean is, it's not great play to leave yourself in the position that you place a high die in a sprawled space where it would force a reroll or outright take over your casino if someone else were to claim it via the draw.


That's why I generally only as sprawl into low properties, Plus, sprawling costs a lot of money and I don't want to drop $40M+ if I don't have to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.