Subject: when flying directly, do you leave intel behind? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
the rules say you leave intel cubes during the normal move action, but i don't think they specify whether flying out (using an agency card) also prompts the leaving behind of a cube. or did i miss that somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rohrer
United States
Delmar
Maryland
flag msg tools
visit my blog at http://www.alittlelatetothetable.blogspot.com/
badge
“The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it."
mbmbmbmbmb
yay...does this mean runthrough soon richard? sorry i don't actually know that answer either...couldn't find it in the rulebook...but i'd think that intel was still left...at least thematically?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, leave an Intel cube behind anytime you leave a city, whether using a normal move action OR flying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
msg tools
mbmbmb
dipbubs wrote:
Yes, leave an Intel cube behind anytime you leave a city, whether using a normal move action OR flying.

Good to know, I played it sans Intel my first play the other day. That mostly suits the theme, although years ago cameras and facial recognition were minimal and slow compared to today. On the flip side each mission leader's network of (unseen) contacts likely has one always tracking the other player's agents.

Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
LateToTheTable wrote:
yay...does this mean runthrough soon richard?

Will definitely try to have one ready by the time the game hits retail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'll like this one Richard since I love it with 2 and there is some blocking others but usually it happens by accident due to the secret nature of the missions and code cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkingnu wrote:
I think you'll like this one Richard since I love it with 2 and there is some blocking others but usually it happens by accident due to the secret nature of the missions and code cards.

Actually, we found the blocking to be much more aggressive in this game than most worker placement games. It reminds me a lot of Bora Bora in that regard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It can be played aggressively to block on some circumstances if you and the other people have specific dice. But I also think there are more ways to mitigate those blocking with the special token abilities and the agency abilities. Also I've found if you can't manipulate your way out of exactly what you wan wanted done that turn, you can usually get something good done for another mission or future big turn (one game I got blocked a couple times in a row but then did 3 missions on one turn)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.