Subject: Special operation: "first" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
So the way the rules are written, it seems this gives you a 6th action during dice resolution, since they simply say you get to "resolve a single action before normal turn order begins". This means that you don't have to spend a die, and you can do whatever you want, but I'm 99% sure that's not the intent of the rules, and what they should have said was "resolve one of your placed Action dice before normal turn order begins"... correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. You do not get an additional action. You get to resolve one of your actions (or do code breaking) out of turn order - first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
dipbubs wrote:
You are correct. You do not get an additional action. You get to resolve one of your actions (or do code breaking) out of turn order - first.

Thanks for the quick answers Carrie. Looks like our assumptions were correct!

Great game, Kane has done it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G CATT

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to the Runthrough for this cool looking game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
dipbubs wrote:
You do not get an additional action. You get to resolve one of your actions (or do code breaking) out of turn order - first.

Wait... these two sentences don't make sense to me. So you get a sixth action using the "Go first" spec ops token? I.E. you normally have 5 dice for actions, using the go first doesn't make you use the dice you placed but instead gives you a whole separate EXTRA action you might not have placed dice on?

What would happen if someone saved two up and wanted to use them in one turn? This seems way to powerful!

Edit: And I misread...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesús Couto Fandiño
Spain
Avilés
Asturias
flag msg tools
No, what it says is that you can be first doing any of your allocated actions or your codebreaking.

You want to get an agency card? You need the die on the get agency card action. You dont want to wait because you are last and they are going to take the one you want? Use the special operation and be sure you are the first. Same code-breaking, same any other action.

Thats all it means. You can resolve one of the actions you would do first even if you are not first player - but you have to have the die for the action, you have to have allocated on your turn a "yes, I want to do X" die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.