$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 65.11

4,592 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.9% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Backflip by Trump rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Orange_is_the_new_Black [+] [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/24/politics/donald-trump-immigrat...

Apparently, he is beginning to realize that deporting 12 million illegals, and building the big wall, might not be a winning strategy for the Presidency, or the U.S.A.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and who are all these people who come up to him and say this, the building contractors he hires to build his tawdry hotels.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
His hard Right supporters are flipping the fuck out about this. laugh
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
His hard Right supporters are flipping the fuck out about this. :laugh:
You rally think that? You really think they will even register this, as long as Donny just says something bigoted and moronic (such as "NO AMNESTY!!!").
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it could be dangerous to rev up his racist base and then not follow through. Love can quickly turn to hate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I think it could be dangerous to rev up his racist base and then not follow through. Love can quickly turn to hate.
If they were unable to figure out (despite their high levels of education) that a man who employed (even indirectly) illegal aliens was not serious about immigration I doubt this will shift them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
His hard Right supporters are flipping the fuck out about this. laugh


Do you have links?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
But, but....the wall?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
The big winner has to be Ann Coulter, who just released her new book "In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome" in which she states that Trump can be forgiven anything except flip-flopping on immigration.
I don't see this one hitting the best-seller list.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
But, but....the wall?

Suffers from the curse of the double album: bloat. Animals is the best of the bunch.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Genghis wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
But, but....the wall?

Suffers from the curse of the double album: bloat. Animals is the best of the bunch.
Dark side of the moon.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Genghis wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
But, but....the wall?

Suffers from the curse of the double album: bloat. Animals is the best of the bunch.
Dark side of the moon.


Meddle trumps them all.
Did you see what I did there? Eh? Eh?
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
The big winner has to be Ann Coulter, who just released her new book "In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome" in which she states that Trump can be forgiven anything except flip-flopping on immigration.
I don't see this one hitting the best-seller list.


The same cognitive dissonance and selection bias that make trump a viable candidate will push it to #1. I am getting low on toilet paper at home maybe I can lend a hand in putting it over the top.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Genghis wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
But, but....the wall?

Suffers from the curse of the double album: bloat. Animals is the best of the bunch.
Dark side of the moon.


Meddle trumps them all.
Did you see what I did there? Eh? Eh?


I couldn't see it, your post was obscured by clouds.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
jmilum wrote:
His hard Right supporters are flipping the fuck out about this. laugh


Do you have links?

I didn't read any of the articles, but I saw the headlines where Rep. Steve King was miffed, Ann Coulter was apoplectic, and some dude called into Glen Beck and threatened violence against Trump.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
perhaps he remembered if he loses he might still have to build some buildings. It would double his costs if he had to pay americans to man his construction crews.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He was being sarcastic....but not all that sarcastic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
aiabx wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Genghis wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
But, but....the wall?

Suffers from the curse of the double album: bloat. Animals is the best of the bunch.
Dark side of the moon.


Meddle trumps them all.
Did you see what I did there? Eh? Eh?


I couldn't see it, your post was obscured by clouds.


What are you relics talking about?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Trump really dug himself a hole with this immigration issue. Used it to win a crowded primary, but then realized he can't win the general without SOME minority vote.

But I'd bet for every minority vote he wins with this pivot, and there won't be many, another Trumpkin stays home or votes for Gary Johnson. His uncompromising view on immigration is why so many flocked to him in the first place, no way he doesn't lose some of those voters to this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.