Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Lehman
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I are trying to start a small gaming group in the Valley Forge/King of Prussia area. Not looking for a big club - we'd like to actually get to know people, not just move some meeples around with them. If that sounds like your type of thing, let me know, and we can see if it would be a good fit.

Also, if you're in the area and host/are part of a similar thing, let me know if you'd like a couple new folks :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
seldumonde wrote:
My girlfriend and I are trying to start a small gaming group in the Valley Forge/King of Prussia area. Not looking for a big club - we'd like to actually get to know people, not just move some meeples around with them. If that sounds like your type of thing, let me know, and we can see if it would be a good fit.

Also, if you're in the area and host/are part of a similar thing, let me know if you'd like a couple new folks :-)
Hi, Brian. I don't know how big is too big for you, but I've made some great friends attending Tuesday game night at Alternate Universes in Blue Bell. We usually have about 10-15 people. Here are the details: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18101766

I've also been looking for a game night a bit closer to Collegeville, Royersford, Trappe, etc. I've been eyeing up Steel City Coffee House in Phoenixville, but the MeetUp group that was meeting there just died. And I've been considering going to game nights at New Wave Comics in Skippack. Although, I get the impression that no one attends currently, so I'm considering starting one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Herrero
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hi, I recently moved to Conshohocken and I am also looking for places and people to play. I will try to be updated and surely join you. Unfortunately Tuesdays don't normally work for me but I will definitely try Alternate Universes at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the Jersey side but Valley Forge/King of Prussia is a bit far out for my liking. However, I know Mark B., a fellow Geek, is in the Philly area. If he doesn't respond here you may trying reaching out to him via Geekmail to see if he's interested. I will also mention it to my friend's brother who lives in the Downingtown area. If I recall that's only about a 15 minute drive for him and he may be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcy Morelli
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few groups near the KoP area. You might try Seize Your Turn, which meets on the 3rd Saturday of the month in Paoli. And Philly Area Gamers meets twice a month - once at Rock Bottom in the KoP mall, and once in Paoli at TJs.

They are both friendly groups. If you look under the NorthEast forum here you may find others.

Marcy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Moffa
United States
Clementon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel,

I work next door to Conshohocken. I go to a game night usually every Wednesday night starting around 5pm at Showcase comics on the mainline in Bryn Mawr. It's about 15 minutes from where I work, near Ikea.

Everyone else is welcome to drop by, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
15 Keys
United States
Living in the Delco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to drive over to West Chester (it actually isn't a bad drive from King of Prussia area, just about a half hour or so), The Games Keep is an incredible store (seriously, the best I've ever been to), they have open boardgaming every Friday evening, have a large game library, have a great inventory, and have an awesome owner who keeps the Magic players from taking over everything (oh, but the Magic players have plenty of room and are taken care of really well too).

There is a nice variety of people that show up. Just say you are new and introduce yourself.

Oh, and the fall boardgame auction should be coming up in the next month or two there, and that is always great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Herrero
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I actually live on the other side of 476 from Ikea
That's great! I had no idea this place existed!
Thanks, Chris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Herrero
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I have been there several times. I love it. Definitely will be there many Fridays (I can't today).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Neff
msg tools
I live in Lower Providence Township on the Valley Forge side of Collegeville. In be interested in forming/participating in a local group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rapp
United States
Ferndale
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

I Currently live in metro Detroit area with a massive gaming community(every Monday night in an open market have 50-70 people as well as 2+ other meetups within 10 minute drive each week) But I will be moving to West Chester come December. I was concerned that I would have issues finding gamers to game with, but from the sounds of it I will have options!

Either way I am thinking on starting something maybe along the lines of brews and board games as well as trying to get a monthly session at the local library (worked real well for introducing people to the hobby here)

To the original poster I hear what you are saying, but I have found the larger events are a fantastic way to network and find compatible people to start the smaller groups with. I find often through random recruitment you pick up some rif-raf and people with personalities that you dont enjoy gaming with.... which you then have to go through the stress of giving them the let down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Moffa
United States
Clementon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to our meetup's page here on BGG:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1229000/main-line-philadelp...

Donie wrote:
I actually live on the other side of 476 from Ikea
That's great! I had no idea this place existed!
Thanks, Chris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Neff
msg tools
I would be very supportive of both brews and board games in and around Westchester.

Now, the thing I like about home-based game nights vs. community-based game nights is that the former are more conducive to longer games (like larger wargames, which I'm partial to) where you can leave them set up from week to week if you need to, rather than rushing through a smaller game to get done in the 3 or 4 hour time slot allotted.

That said, both have their merits. PM me when you get settled in in Westchester. I'm game for any kind of get-together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lehman
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all - thanks for the replies. If you are interested in joining our group, please send me a GeekMail. We are trying to keep the group small for now, so I want to make sure you're a good fit.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
If any board gaming groups are looking for a new place to hang out, there is a new tabletop cafe that has just opened up called Gamers Heaven in Phoenixville, PA. I've been a regular here for almost a year now. Would anyone be interested in starting a board game group here? I'm up for anything including D&D 5E and 3.5E and casual and strategy tabletop gaming.
Here's a few pictures of the space:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jcubedvisions wrote:
If any board gaming groups are looking for a new place to hang out, there is a new tabletop cafe that has just opened up called Gamers Heaven in Phoenixville, PA. I've been a regular here for almost a year now. Would anyone be interested in starting a board game group here? I'm up for anything including D&D 5E and 3.5E and casual and strategy tabletop gaming.
Here's a few pictures of the space:

I had no idea this place existed. I'm definitely interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.