Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first BOT driven game yesterday, I was playing as Romans and got 3 back to back to back good 'campaign' cards that I didn't feel I could turn down. After performing each, the other factions would go, either on the current card or the next. As the Yellow faction (apologies, I'll get the names down soon! Belgic?? Belgrea??) executed their turn, they did an action then did the special action of Rampage. Well, I was doing the follow up from the tutorial, so the Romans had a huge force of 5 Legions and 2 Auxillia in the north but there was no retreat available. The 2 Auxillia were removed due to event (Numidians) prior and then over two successive turns, my Legions were Rampaged. With the Germans still occupying the territory just south and no retreat, ultimately my legions were removed (Immediately/no roll) when hidden warbands were turned up.

First - Did I do this correctly?
Second - If so, wow - I really have to pay attention to no retreat situations. Having good cards/set up is great and all...but losing 5 Legions was devastating. (and potentially game losing as the Averni might just have enough to win during the winter check now.

PS - I allowed this to happen to work out the tactics, btw...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No cards/rules handy, but I recall that there's a significant set of things that Rampage doesn't work on, and I thought legions were included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rampage works on Legions, but it doesn't work at all if the would-be target has a Fort or Citadel in the space, so unless the Fort in Nervii had somehow been removed your Legions should have been quite safe.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There you go - There is/was a fort and I missed that rule. Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.