4 Posts

Arcadia Quest: Beyond the Grave» Forums » Variants

Subject: Adding tombstone cards to base game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Has anybody considered adding tombstone cards to the base game? I think that the additional mechanig adds a very welcome depth to the game being able to manage a bit more the monsters in the scenario, I honestly consider the expansion better than the base game due to that.

In order not to have to mark map by map where the tombstones go a generic rule during setup should be used like 1 card per tile, in a rile without monsters and guilds should have same distances to the cards on average from theis starting places...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Tracy
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't done it yet but I am definitely considering it. I agree they make the expansion far more interesting. Getting the right card at the right time can be a total game changer!

The scenarios are all spaced out evenly, as you said, so I think as long as you make them fairly placed it should be fine. I think they do sometimes start in tiles where monsters are, although I'm not positive without the book in front of me.

If you do add them I'd be curious how it plays out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's how I added the TOMBSTONE cards to the main game:

1) When you kill anything BUT a Minor Minion you put a Tombstone Card on the space it was on. This makes sense to me because you just put the Monster in it's grave and added a Tombstone.

2) By moving onto a Tombstone Card and spending 1 Movement Point you can pick it up and follow the instructions. It doesn't matter if there is an Enemy on the space and you aren't forced to pick it up but if you do pick it up you MUST follow the instructions.

It's worked pretty well and it really gives the players something to think about as you might get a needed "Hail Mary" or a kick in the teeth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I love your idea. Encause it adds no extra set up time figuring out where to place the tombs, thx!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.