4 Posts

Wasteland Express Delivery Service» Forums » General

Subject: Component Quality - Player Boards & Tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander De Sousa
msg tools
mb
I just placed my pre-order after the most recent Wasteland Wednesday update. I was wondering if there is any additional information on what materials will be used for the player boards? I really hope it's not going to be card stock.

Also, is there any information on how thick the game tiles will be?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything in the game will be punch, 2mm thick cardstock which will make it 2.5mm thick once you throw in the printed material, roughly the same as the punchboard on Dead of Winter (and by roughly, I mean from the same factory). cool

I personally absolutely *hate* player sheets that are card stock. I mean, we've done them in the past for cost reasons for less expensive games, but this is a big 80 dollar game, and when you have a bit 80 dollar game I think the following should be banned:

1) Card Stock Player mats
2) Stickered Dice
3) Flimsy components
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander De Sousa
msg tools
mb
stooge wrote:
Everything in the game will be punch, 2mm thick cardstock which will make it 2.5mm thick once you throw in the printed material, roughly the same as the punchboard on Dead of Winter (and by roughly, I mean from the same factory). cool

I personally absolutely *hate* player sheets that are card stock. I mean, we've done them in the past for cost reasons for less expensive games, but this is a big 80 dollar game, and when you have a bit 80 dollar game I think the following should be banned:

1) Card Stock Player mats
2) Stickered Dice
3) Flimsy components

I completely agree. I understand that the cost of a game is more than just the components. But it's always a bummer when I open a big game and see card stock player mats.

Thanks for the update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thick chipboard is the way to go! They are much more robust. Great to hear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.