Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dragon has a power to break a crystal. I understand this weakens the cave, but is there any direct benefit for the dragon? The Knight gets Grit and the Goblins get something too, IIRC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
The dragon has a power to break a crystal. I understand this weakens the cave, but is there any direct benefit for the dragon? The Knight gets Grit and the Goblins get something too, IIRC.

Preventing others from gaining those benefits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Weakening the Cave is the primary purpose for it, but it can also be done to deny the Knight that potential 2 Grit. It doesn't get used often but the option is always there if needed, and it's safer than using Wrath to destroy the tile.

The Goblins generally won't smash them either unless you're playing one of the variants where it's their goal, but the option is always there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomi Mononen
Finland
Kuopio
Pohjois-Savo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the dragon must break crystals so the cave won't win. Only played 2 games but the cave player won both games. I won the first with other players maybe able to win in 1-2 turns.

Second time my friend won as the cave with me as dragon 2 turns away from victory. Cave got crystals showing early on so he got a lot of omens. (no one smashed the crystals)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.