23.5% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the primary, he charged himself reasonable rent in trump tower.

During the general election, (when donators are paying the rent), he's raised his rent by 500% to $169,000. And that's with fewer employees than before he raised the rent.

He should be spending the money to be elected but instead he's scamming to put the donor money in his own pocket.

Billionaire or conman?

Not just rent tho. He's also spent $260,000 in donated money at his own golf courses and restaurants. For example, holding a press conference at his golf course for $40,000 which could have been free.

Another $490,000 to his own company to fly his own plane.

Small donors are giving him their food money and purple hearts and this two bit scam artist is ripping them off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Billionaire or conman?

Snake oil salesman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
To answer your thread title Mac:

All of 'em
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's interesting that you post this thread but don't bother with a thread about Hillary's selling access through the CF when she was SoS. Did you miss that news or do you just not care enough about corruption and greed to actually talk about it when it's your preferred candidate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

All of 'em

I don't see a billionaire (much less a multi-billionaire) taking this kind of risk for a .1% more money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Manvel
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
He also used $55,000 of campaign donations to buy copies of his own book at full retail price back in May. If he profited from royalties--which is likely--then that's a violation of federal law.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
During the primary, he charged himself reasonable rent in trump tower.

During the general election, (when donators are paying the rent), he's raised his rent by 500% to $169,000. And that's with fewer employees than before he raised the rent.

He should be spending the money to be elected but instead he's scamming to put the donor money in his own pocket.

Billionaire or conman?

Not just rent tho. He's also spent $260,000 in donated money at his own golf courses and restaurants. For example, holding a press conference at his golf course for $40,000 which could have been free.

Another $490,000 to his own company to fly his own plane.

Small donors are giving him their food money and purple hearts and this two bit scam artist is ripping them off.

Well, it is kind hard to compete with the $69,000,000 that Wall Street and Big banks have given to Clinton. The Man's got to graft a little to get ahead, ya know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
It's interesting that you post this thread but don't bother with a thread about Hillary's selling access through the CF when she was SoS. Did you miss that news or do you just not care enough about corruption and greed to actually talk about it when it's your preferred candidate?

he probably didn't post a thread about that because it's stupid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik17 wrote:
He also used $55,000 of campaign donations to buy copies of his own book at full retail price back in May. If he profited from royalties--which is likely--then that's a violation of federal law.

He and his organization seem to be ignorant of many of the laws around federal elections (and the constitution too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
To the question in the subject line, I'd say one who thought he could get away with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much what I expected. Trump funnels thousands of dollars into his own company from supporters, ZOMG!! He's the worst evar!! Hillary sells access to foreign nationals and abuses her position as Secretary of State, meh, who gives a shit?

It's amazing you're able to tie your shoes in the morning with that sort of critical thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

That's the job of "#Nevertrump" RSP members BJ! whistle

#NeverTrump is apparently an ironic hashtag that means the opposite of what it would appear to mean.

So it's not interesting at all. You can search for and post anti hillary clinton and pro trump things with the rest of the #NeverTrump posters while I post anti trump or pro clinton bits.

See, I actually support Clinton for president. I think she'll be a fine, competent, experienced president who cares about the interests of the U.S. and its citizens.

More importantly, I oppose Trump because he is not fit to be president.

So it's entirely reasonable that I'll post anti Trump pieces and while particular pieces about yet another Trump flaw may be interesting or enlightening, my interest in them isn't interesting at all.

But we all know he's a scamming liar, who won't release his tax returns because he's probably broke, who lacks the emotional temperament to be an elected official, who actively seeks the votes of racist angry white voters.

There's not just one reason for me to be opposed to trump. There are dozens. But mainly, it's because he is thin skinned and wants to be Putin's bitch.

While the racism, cheapness, irrational illogical positions, excessive (93%) lying, etc. are problems those two items are primarily why it would be insane for anyone to vote for Trump.

Trump would likely be in the bottom 10% of presidents the country ever had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Hillary sells access to foreign nationals and abuses her position as Secretary of State, meh, who gives a shit?

It's amazing you're able to tie your shoes in the morning with that sort of critical thinking.

BJ, the Clinton Foundation story is a non-issue dressed up as a major scandal by the usual suspects who have a desperate psychological need for everything Hillary does to be evil and corrupt. There's simply no there there, and the AP did a lot of work trying to find a there there and the best they could manage was "Hillary met with a CF donor who also ran an AIDS charity to discuss assisting that charity raising funds as part of a SoS-driven AIDS initiative." Which is more or less within the purview of her job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

All of 'em

I don't see a billionaire (much less a multi-billionaire) taking this kind of risk for a .1% more money.

Penny pinching, regardless of all else, is a well-known characteristic of some rich, very rich, and ridiculously rich people. It's even been the downfall of some. (It might have helped them on the way up.)

So it's quite plausible Trump is squeezing even last thousand dollars regardless of his wealth, being rich doesn't exclude it.

Whether he is can then be judged on the facts independent of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
#NeverTrump is apparently an ironic hashtag that means the opposite of what it would appear to mean.

In fact, I know that BJ has no intention of voting for Trump. However, he's properly highlighting your hypocrisy. Which at this point has become so severe it might actually qualify as a mental illness in the DSM-V. Perhaps you can get the government to pay for your necessary meds.

Quote:
See, I actually support Clinton for president. I think she'll be a fine, competent, experienced president who cares about the interests of the U.S. and its citizens.

See what I mean? Mental illness.

Quote:
There's not just one reason for me to be opposed to trump. There are dozens. But mainly, it's because he is thin skinned and wants to be Putin's bitch.

Yeah, Hillary's already been his bitch. I guess Putin needs a new bitch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Hillary sells access to foreign nationals and abuses her position as Secretary of State, meh, who gives a shit?

BJ, the Clinton Foundation story is a non-issue dressed up as a major scandal by the usual suspects who have a desperate psychological need for everything Hillary does to be evil and corrupt. There's simply no there there, and the AP did a lot of work trying to find a there there and the best they could manage was "Hillary met with a CF donor who also ran an AIDS charity to discuss assisting that charity raising funds as part of a SoS-driven AIDS initiative." Which is more or less within the purview of her job.

You know Chris, the bad thing is that it's happened so often that I've gone past a default position of "well you need to prove that to", "it's probably yet another lie so I'm not even going to pay attention to it."

That's wrong on my part. I've lost my impartiality.

But damnit... they blew their credibility. I started out neutral. Hell- going back far enough I started out republican.

A good third of the republican party is repugnant for either religious extremism, lying because the ends justify the means, hypocrisy, racism, casual (even hostile) attitude towards rape victims.

It's a nasty group. And until we separate it away from the republican party, it's toxic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

In fact, I know that BJ has no intention of voting for Trump. However, he's properly highlighting your hypocrisy. Which at this point has become so severe it might actually qualify as a mental illness in the DSM-V. Perhaps you can get the government to pay for your necessary meds.

Quote:

See what I mean? Mental illness.

Quote:

Yeah, Hillary's already been his bitch. I guess Putin needs a new bitch.

No Drew, he's making an invalid point (as you are... yet again).

I support clinton.
It is natural and logical that I would post to support clinton.

I oppose trump (independently of my support for clinton- he's a terrible candidate).
It is natural and logical that I would post to oppose trump.

What's interesting is now the RSP #NeverTrump people defend trump and never post anything against trump. It gives a strong impression that you are really for trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Yes, I know. That's why I suggest meds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Yes, I know. That's why I suggest meds.

It was a dumb ad hominem joke the first 67 times Drew.

Again-- if you are so against Trump, why are you defending him so strongly?

Why not just admit you are going to vote for him over clinton and come out as a supporter.

You are in greater denial than an anti homosexual republican senator!

Trump is a comically bad presidential candidate. He deserves to be in a comedy sketch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an aside, the Trump campaign has presently spent over $7.7 million for products and services produced by Trump and Trump family companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If "But Bush did it, too" isn't a valid counter argument to many of the things Obama has done as we've been told so many times (Which I agree with on most occasions, btw), then why is "But Hillary did it, too" brandied about so much whenever Trump's faults are brought up? Since we're on the subject of hypocrisy and all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure... trump acts like a 5 year old but that's why people like him.

of course, I have to admit, clinton is so much less funny than trump.

Trump is just rife with opportunities to mock him, lampoon him, joke at his expense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Then you actually are as ridiculously stupid as you seem to be. Huh. Like I said, it's truly impressive that you can tie your own shoes with that level of critical thinking capability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Again-- if you are so against Trump, why are you defending him so strongly?

But I'm not. I'm pointing out to you how hypocritical you and your fellow lefties are for not holding Hillary to the same standards for behavior. You excuse in Hillary far worse things than you criticize in Trump. This is really not surprising. But you'd think you'd keep your hypocrisy better hidden.

Quote:
Why not just admit you are going to vote for him over clinton and come out as a supporter.

Because I'm not voting for him. I'm not voting for either Trump or Clinton. I'm not sure if I'll even vote. Unlike you, I have principles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Then you actually are as ridiculously stupid as you seem to be. Huh. Like I said, it's truly impressive that you can tie your own shoes with that level of critical thinking capability.

Another pointless ad hominem attack?

That's it?

Donald trump, Rudy Guilliani, Motorboat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.