Krosmaster: Arena» Forums » General

Subject: Oscar Kass rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zee Deveel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I recently decided I wanted to get Krosmaster Arena to play with my GF. One of the things which sold me was the Oscar Kass character. She loves Nightmare Before Christmas and I know every team she makes would have this guy lol. I hear 2.0 is coming soon, but if I wait for that, will I still be able to get this Oscar Kass character somehow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/jpgwbk007.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Deveel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this expansion remain in print after 2.0 is released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, it's already out of print. There's just lots of it around; even that link is on clearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Deveel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I just bought 4 of the expansions on clearance. Haven't even played the game yet! Lol.

Should save me from having to buy any extra expansions in the future though as only want to play casually. 20 characters should be fine for some draft play, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeeDeveel wrote:
Thank you, I just bought 4 of the expansions on clearance. Haven't even played the game yet! Lol.

Should save me from having to buy any extra expansions in the future though as only want to play casually. 20 characters should be fine for some draft play, right?

Yes, 20 characters is more than enough for home plays, even using draft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Deveel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, I'm excited! When's 2.0 out?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Deveel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should I cancel my 4 expansion packs order and just order the base game instead? I'm thinking it'd be nice to have the extra maps and I really like the trees. The 2.0 maps don't seem as epic. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriss Krass
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Expansions are compatible with base or 2.o games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Deveel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ljcombet wrote:
Expansions are compatible with base or 2.o games.

Yeah, I mean...

I can either buy 4 expansion packs and 2.0 when it comes out.

Or I can buy like 1 expansion pack, 1.0 base set and then 2.0 when it comes out.

Which do you think is better? I'm not bothered about playing the game immediately, I'm happy to wait for 2.0 to be released before I start playing. Which is going to be more useful for casual play though, having all the base characters and the base maps and scenery, or instead having 4 expansion packs?

So basically with 2.0 would you prefer to also have the 8 starter characters and the base game scenery/maps or 12 characters from expansion packs?

With 1.0 I get the extra maps and the trees which I like the look of, but I don't know how good the characters are?

(If I buy the base game instead of the expansions, I might still buy 1 expansion as well)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Deveel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok here's a simpler question:

Are the characters in the base box any good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
The chars in the base box are not bad, extra map is nice if you wanted to have more than one game going on at a time. The base also comes with the demonic rewards and dice that you can use for 2.0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Deveel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Falccor77 wrote:
The chars in the base box are not bad, extra map is nice if you wanted to have more than one game going on at a time. The base also comes with the demonic rewards and dice that you can use for 2.0.

Thank you. If you could add 2 expansions packs to the base game, which would you pick?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Deveel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this lot on eBay. It cost £30 which is about half the price of the base set alone, or around the same price as the Frigost expansion.

Seems like an amazing deal, the seller says it contains "all expansions, 1 promo figure, the not mines, base game and frigost" O.o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Krosmaster-arena-base-game-Frigost...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Mason
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the best set of pictures but think I can see captain ankama in the box out of Krosmaster: Arena – Duel Pack 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Deveel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
masonap wrote:
Not the best set of pictures but think I can see captain ankama in the box out of Krosmaster: Arena – Duel Pack 1

Yeah I think I saw him too, so hopefully that means it contains all the expansion characters? I messaged the guy to ask but I hit "Buy It Now" before anyone else could since it was £30!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.