Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Driver/operator rerolling dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Johnson
Scotland
flag msg tools
mb
When firing the deck gun, the driver/operator has the ability to reroll "one or both dice" if you don't like the first result.

Can I reroll the red die and *then* choose whether to reroll the black one (or vice versa)? Or do I have to commit to "one" or "both" after the inital roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You most definitely can reroll the dice individually, and in any order you want, the only restriction is you can only reroll each die once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
don't you think D/O is too powerfull character? I mean he has 2!! great abilities - one is only 2 AP for firing gun (which allows him to fire it twice per turn or drive and fire!) and second he can reroll those dice when firing gun (and only one at a time!!!) which is another huuuuge advantage!! I wonder how you people play it? Do you leave him that way or do you somehow restrict some of his abilities?

my suggestions for making him less powerfull:
1. Can fire deck gun only once per turn
2. Can't reroll the dice
3. Can reroll the dice but only both at the same time!
4. deck gun costs him 3AP

what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Johnson
Scotland
flag msg tools
mb
We just play him that way - he often doesn't have anything else to do, so the two rolls per turn and the what-do-I-reroll minigame makes the player feel more involved, otherwise their turn wouldn't be much fun. It feels more like every other character has a severe disadvantage using the deck gun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
In higher player counts his power is significantly reduced since he can't fire into a quadrant where another firefighter is. You have to coordinate well to keep zones free for the driver to shoot into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robinjohnson wrote:
When firing the deck gun, the driver/operator has the ability to reroll "one or both dice" if you don't like the first result.

Can I reroll the red die and *then* choose whether to reroll the black one (or vice versa)? Or do I have to commit to "one" or "both" after the inital roll?

From the rules on page 9 wrote:

When Firing the Deck Gun, the Driver can reroll one or both dice. After rerolling one die, he may then choose to reroll the other, but is limited to a single reroll for each die. Like it or not the second roll always replaces the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
In higher player counts his power is significantly reduced since he can't fire into a quadrant where another firefighter is. You have to coordinate well to keep zones free for the driver to shoot into.

This is where changing roles comes in. He is very powerful in the first round or two. Then change roles. If you have a problem quadrant, change roles again and get everyone out of the way and use the deck gun to get the fire under control. Then change role again and get back inside the building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bschremp wrote:
runtsta wrote:

This is where changing roles comes in. He is very powerful in the first round or two. Then change roles. If you have a problem quadrant, change roles again and get everyone out of the way and use the deck gun to get the fire under control. Then change role again and get back inside the building.

lots of AP lost... will it pay off?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donatello23 wrote:
bschremp wrote:
runtsta wrote:

lots of AP lost... will it pay off?

Just a few AP spent. We only change roles 1 to 3 times in a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jack
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think he's OP at all. In fact, even with the re-roll ability, it's rare we can get a maximum-effect water cannon hit in a game. Most times we wind up only knocking down 2-3 fires in a quadrant that it fully engulfed. Plus the fact that he can't fire into a quadrant with another firefighter limits him greatly, especially in a game with 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.